WAMC (and goal MCAT?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

outinspace

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you know that you are unlikely to get recommended school lists without an MCAT here on SDN. Your app looks fine, nonclinical volunteering slightly on the lower side. This is not set in stone but I would suggest aim for 510-512 to feel comfortable applying.

Reactions: 1 user

Check out the matriculant statistics. If you get in the 510-513 range you have a ~62% chance of getting in - better than that if you apply to the right schools in the right quantity, have never been convicted of a crime and seem like a normal person in your essays. Hard to get a good school list going without your MCAT score. You're almost certainly going to want UMass and most of the FL schools on your list, probably Tufts and maybe even BU if you score above a 515.

I would hit at least 50 hours of shadowing (per adcom's recommendation on SDN) and increase your non-clinical volunteering hours. Perhaps your tutoring of underserved children can count, but I would increase. Many applicants have around 200 hours. And yups, to have a good chance of MD, aim for 510-512. If your MCAT score in April is lower, I would add DO schools. Come back with your MCAT score next year, and I'm sure you'll get a plethora of advice. Good luck, you got this!

Reactions: 1 user