WAMC and Help with School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tacobells_canon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was hoping I could get some help with the list of schools I'm planning to apply to. Here are my stats-

cGPA: 3.83

sGPA: 3.75

MCAT score: 517 (130,128,129,130)

State of residence: PA

Race: Asian (Indian)

Undergraduate institution: University of Pittsburgh

Clinical experience:
-Volunteered in the ER at the local Children’s Hospital for 220 hours over 3 years
-Worked at a free medical clinic for 120 hours, helping to connect people to social services in addition to medical assistance

Research experience:
-Worked in a neuroimaging laboratory focused on neurocognitive development for 3 years, around 1600 hours. In that time, I had multiple poster presentations and also completed an honors thesis.

Shadowing experience:
-41 hours total; 27 hours in psychiatry/neurology, 8 hours in oncology, 6 hours in anesthesiology

Non-clinical volunteering:
-Worked as a student consultant for a number of local non-profit organizations for around 150 hours
-Volunteered for 55 hours for a service fraternity

ECs:
-Chair of the Facilities and Transportation Committee for the Student Government Board, which was one of my most involved and interesting activities (900 hours)
-President of our school’s chapter of the American Medical Students Association (650 hours)
-Founding member of a pre-med advocacy group (60 hours)
-Undergraduate teaching assistant for a neuroscience class for 1.5 years (180 hours)
-I am very interested in working with underserved populations and in public health in general, and so I will be working with Americorp’s Health Corps Program during my gap year as a patient advocate in chronic disease prevention.

Honors and Awards:
-Was selected to two summer research fellowships after my freshman and sophomore years
-Dean’s list throughout college.

Here’s my list so far:
Penn
Stanford
Columbia

Pitt
Northwestern
Mt. Sinai
U Michigan
Case Western
Emory
Ohio State
Albert Einstein
USC-Keck
Rochester
UVA
Cincinnati

Temple
Drexel
Penn State
Thomas Jefferson
George Washington

I'm a little concerned about whether my shadowing experience is in depth and diverse enough, will that be a major factor? Also, I'd appreciate any suggestions for schools to include or remove! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.