WAMC: applied this cycle

Started by Mecheilmcl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mecheilmcl

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have applied to multiple schools on the East Coast this cycle and haven't heard back from any of them. My GPA is 3.7, Science 3.7, DAT 420AA. I have more than 1500 hours in Dental assisting and 500 hours in Shadowing, along with strong letters of recommendation. I applied very, very late in the cycle, around November, and did my Kira assessment for NYU and one more school and haven't heard back from any. I also sent letters of continued interest to the schools but haven’t head back from some. I am still waiting on tufts, NYU, university of the pacific, and USC.
 
So I have applied to multiple schools on the East Coast this cycle and haven't heard back from any of them. My GPA is 3.7, Science 3.7, DAT 420AA. I have more than 1500 hours in Dental assisting and 500 hours in Shadowing, along with strong letters of recommendation. I applied very, very late in the cycle, around November, and did my Kira assessment for NYU and one more school and haven't heard back from any. I also sent letters of continued interest to the schools but haven’t head back from some. I am still waiting on tufts, NYU, university of the pacific, and USC.
please fill a full WAMC template...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OP: You submitted in November, the month before first offers go out. What have your prehealth advisors told you?

500 shadowing hours???? That's way too many. Are you double-dipping with your dental assisting hours?
My pre health advisor is one of a kind. He doesn't respond to emails and never in his office. I've been shadowing since 2024 and after that have been working in the same office until now with 25+ hours each week.