- Mar 24, 2019
- Reaction score
- cGPA = 3.35 ... sGPA = 3.02
- MCAT = 518 (129, 130, 129, 130)
- Residency: Strong ties to Oklahoma and Utah
- Native American & White
- Ivy League grad
- Clinical experience volunteer: medical mission (40 hours), EMT (300 hours),
- Clinical experience non-volunteer: community health worker (ongoing--expected 200 hours)
- Research experience and productivity: research assistant for interdisciplinary project--active mix of lab, clinical, field work, and GIS (~500 hours) Not published
- Shadowing experience and specialties represented: Pediatrician (5 hours), Pediatric Infectious Disease (5 hours), Family medicine (45 hours), Neurologist (8 hours), Emergency Med. (16 hours)
- Non-clinical volunteering: Experience with youth (Court Appointed Special Advocate, middle-schooler mentor, Sunday School teacher, etc.) -- (100s of hours)
- Job experience: 2 years with AmeriCorps focused on public health & primary-care admin. as well as hands-on patient experience (3000+ hours...maybe considered volunteer experience too?); experience in food industry & farming (500 hours)
I plan to apply 2020-2021 cycle and would appreciate any feedback on gaps you see in my application. I'll be taking a couple of science courses to boost my sGPA until then.
Interested in schools focused on rural med and/or tradition of serving Native Americans... but open to anything! Should I probably consider DO schools as well?
Thanks a million, folks.
List of Schools:
- Uni. of Oklahoma (OKC & School of Comm. Med)
- U Utah
- U Colorado
- U Arkansas
- U Wisconsin