WAMC - Appreciate School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

15lbBeardofBees

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
--
Removing complete post for anonymity, happy to share deets via DM though - thanks again for your feedback <3

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A high GPA in an engineering major is going to garner a good amount of attention at some of the name-brand schools so it's unfortunate the MCAT is lower than 515 here. I'd be interested in your story on why you want to pursue medicine given your educational history.

Reactions: 1 user
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add these schools:
NEOMED
Oakland Beaumont
Jefferson
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
West Virginia

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A high GPA in an engineering major is going to garner a good amount of attention at some of the name-brand schools so it's unfortunate the MCAT is lower than 515 here. I'd be interested in your story on why you want to pursue medicine given your educational history.
The story is a product of a lot of soul searching :) Not great at telling that story yet, but I've got a year to learn how to write! However, I was afraid of the slight MCAT dissonance there, haha - it's weird to be simultaneously proud of and also slightly disappointed in a score, especially seeing multi-point drops in sciences compared to my FLs. C'est la vie, y'know. That being said, do you think it would be worth going for a retake in my position? The online consensus seems to be that a 512 retake would be an ego-driven risk, but my prehealth advisors have told me to heavily consider retaking the MCAT and giving myself some more time to prepare. In hindsight, the way I studied was very haphazard, certainly a lot I would change on the second go, but the conflicting advice is giving me white hairs - any thoughts or recommendations are welcome!

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add these schools:
NEOMED
Oakland Beaumont
Jefferson
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
West Virginia
Thank you for your feedback, Faha!

The story is a product of a lot of soul searching :) Not great at telling that story yet, but I've got a year to learn how to write! However, I was afraid of the slight MCAT dissonance there, haha - it's weird to be simultaneously proud of and also slightly disappointed in a score, especially seeing multi-point drops in sciences compared to my FLs. C'est la vie, y'know. That being said, do you think it would be worth going for a retake in my position? The online consensus seems to be that a 512 retake would be an ego-driven risk, but my prehealth advisors have told me to heavily consider retaking the MCAT and giving myself some more time to prepare. In hindsight, the way I studied was very haphazard, certainly a lot I would change on the second go, but the conflicting advice is giving me white hairs - any thoughts or recommendations are welcome!
It depends if you really think you can get the higher score with proper prep. In the end if you score higher, other doors are likely to open up. If you don't, you pretty much lock yourself in. Your faculty advisors know your potential so I hope their assessment is valid.