WAMC at MWU - IL and MWU - AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiddodent2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to receive an interview from midwestern Arizona and Illinois?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Given your previously stated stats and experiences, I wouldn’t apply to either. You could get into a lot of good schools that are much more affordable.

What's your stats and profile?

Overall GPA: 3.63
Science GPA: 3.67
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.61
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA:21 TS:20 Bio:19 GC:21 OC:22 PAT:22 RC:21 QR:21
State of Residence: Florida

Major: Biology
Minority? no
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 136 Hours ( 80 is general dentistry, rest is ortho)
Volunteering Experience: 32 at a community center and 24 beach clean up
Employment: 650 with student government
Research: 60 in Organic Chemistry Lab and 380 in Immunology lab
Other Extracurriculars: Treasurer of the foundation of international medical relief of children, student government's house of representative, annual charity gala coordinator, Founder and President of Pre-dental club
LOR type and strength: 2 science professors and 1 dentist. all are strong
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: went to an honors college

Last edited:
Given your previously stated stats and experiences, I wouldn’t apply to either. You could get into a lot of good schools that are much more affordable.
I was thinking of applying to Midwestern AZ as my private safety school. The purpose of my post was to figure out if I should apply to both or if I should pick another school. Do you have recommendations for private and/or OOS friendly schools that are affordable?

To answer your first question: You can be accepted to both.

A few schools that are out-of-state friendly, meet your profile, and are relatively cheap:
  • Detroit Mercy
  • University of Iowa (out-of-state friendly...this would be a target school based on your stats)
  • Marquette (semi-out-of-state friendly, $375k estimated total non-resident)
  • University of New England (safety school based on your stats, $375k estimated total non-resident)

Hope that helps and let us know if we can help you in any other way!

A few schools that are out-of-state friendly, meet your profile, and are relatively cheap:
  • Detroit Mercy
  • University of Iowa (out-of-state friendly...this would be a target school based on your stats)
  • University of New England (safety school based on your stats, $375k estimated total non-resident)

I think Iowa would be a reach with those stats, and I would not consider them OOS friendly at all, especially with no connection to the state/school. Marquette on the other hand, quite OOS friendly.

I think Iowa would be a reach with those stats, and I would not consider them OOS friendly at all, especially with no connection to the state/school. Marquette on the other hand, quite OOS friendly.
I don't think I am applying to Iowa because they take mostly in-state students. Thank you for your feedback!

• Detroit Mercy

I will look into Detroit Mercy. One of my friends got into UDM with a scholarship being a Florida resident. Thank you helping me out!