WAMC- considering adding more schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesertFish

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: June 27
Overall GPA: 3.9
Science GPA:3.9
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.9
DAT score (include AA and all sections):

AA: 23
TS:23
Bio: 23
Ochem: 23
Gchem: 21
Reading: 20
Math: 25
PAT: 27

State of Residence: PA

Undergrad Attended:
small state school
Major: microbiology
Minor: triple minor - math, finance, chemistry
Minority? No, asian
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? no

Shadowing Experience: Various general dentists (~130 hrs)
Volunteering Experience: Red Cross (~200 hrs), Comunity Volunteering (~120 hrs), dental assistant at a public dental clinic for noninsured and low-income families (60 hrs) worked with oral surgeons and general dentists
Employment: Dental assistant ~75 hours before the clinic closed bc of covid,
Research: Biophysics research- just started in person over the summer before submitting my apps, but I was supposed to start last yr before covid. won a research grant for my current project going to present it in the fall or spring.
Other Extracurriculars: Hours and type; includes athletics, military, leadership, etc.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Multiple debate awards, research grant, Full Scholarship, 2x additional scholarships
LOR type and strength:
Committee- decent, Dentist I worked for- decent
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:

School list:

Harvard
Columbia
Penn
Temple
Stony Brook
Michigan
Touro
Tufts
UConn
UCLA

Haven't heard back from anywhere for interviews so I'm getting a little anxious but I also understand that it's still early in the cycle so I'm trying to stay calm. :( I feel like I should add more schools to the list too.

Members don't see this ad.

Undergrad Attended:
small state school
Minority? No, asian
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? no

Volunteering Experience: Red Cross (~200 hrs), Comunity Volunteering (~120 hrs), dental assistant at a public dental clinic for noninsured and low-income families (60 hrs) worked with oral surgeons and general dentists
Research: Biophysics research- just started in person over the summer before submitting my apps, but I was supposed to start last yr before covid. won a research grant for my current project going to present it in the fall or spring.
Other Extracurriculars: Hours and type; includes athletics, military, leadership, etc.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Multiple debate awards, research grant, Full Scholarship, 2x additional scholarships
LOR type and strength:

School list:

Harvard
Columbia
Penn
Temple
Stony Brook
Michigan
Touro
Tufts
UConn
UCLA

Haven't heard back from anywhere for interviews so I'm getting a little anxious but I also understand that it's still early in the cycle so I'm trying to stay calm. :( I feel like I should add more schools to the list too.
trust the process...

Reactions: 1 users
I have very similar stats and experiences. I applied to 8 schools and have been debating adding more every day as well, but it's a waiting game. Can't really offer any advice because I'm in the same position, but I can tell you that you're not alone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Undergrad Attended:
small state school
Minority? No, asian
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? no

LOR type and strength:

School list:

Harvard
Columbia
Penn
Temple
Stony Brook
Michigan
Touro
Tufts
UConn
UCLA

4 of the 10 schools on your list are probably the most competitive schools in the country.... And most of the rest are OOS public schools. Why not Pitt? I'd add a few schools just to be on the safe side (like 2 or 3 privates), but I think your app looks pretty solid and all you can do is sit tight and wait.

4 of the 10 schools on your list are probably the most competitive schools in the country.... And most of the rest are OOS public schools. Why not Pitt? I'd add a few schools just to be on the safe side (like 2 or 3 privates), but I think your app looks pretty solid and all you can do is sit tight and wait.
i counted 5...

Have you considered UCSF? they are a big research name as well.

I'd definitely add Pitt for in-state, but I heard their DS clinic experience is extremely lacking.