WAMC DO!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJ Doc 1117

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My AACOMAS application was just verified, so now that I have my official stats, I'd like to ask the experts and those super knowledgeable on DO admissions what my chances are at scoring an interview(s) and/or acceptance(s).

Cumulative GPA: 3.48
Science GPA: 3.32
All-other GPA: 3.60
Fresh, Soph, Jun, Sen GPAs (respectively): 3.14, 3.06, 3.85, 3.74

MCAT: 507; 128/127/124/128

Experience:
Extracurricular leadership: 416 hrs
Research: 780 hrs (psychology and cardiology labs)
Collegiate sports: 240 hrs (1 semester DI rowing)
Clinical volunteering: 300 hrs (Rehab medicine, general inpatient, ICU)
Shadowing: 10 hrs (catheter PVC ablations)
Paid employment: 400 hrs (financial planning intern)
Non-medical volunteering: 340 hrs (building houses in Mexico)

5 LoRs (2 science profs, 1 non-science, 1 DO, 1 psychology research group director)

Undergrad majors: Chemistry, Philosophy, biology minor, business certificate.

My main concern is my GPA, although there is a strong upward trend.

Any advice is strongly strongly appreciated!! Thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

We have near identical school stats, ECs are a bit different, but with those stats I got an interview to all 8 DO schools I applied to, including DMU. I only went to a few and had 3 acceptances in hand.
So I think your chances are damn good. Work on your interview skills and I think you'll do well.

Reactions: 1 user
We have near identical school stats, ECs are a bit different, but with those stats I got an interview to all 8 DO schools I applied to, including DMU. I only went to a few and had 3 acceptances in hand.
So I think your chances are damn good. Work on your interview skills and I think you'll do well.

First off, thank you for your reply!

And wow that's awesome to hear. I know that most DO schools have avg. acceptance GPAs slightly above mine (~3.55), so I'm just nervous about that. I'm pretty good at interviewing, so as long as I get a few IIs I'm pretty confident on an acceptance.

Also that's great to hear about DMU! That school looks fantastic and is probably my #1.

Hi everyone,

My AACOMAS application was just verified, so now that I have my official stats, I'd like to ask the experts and those super knowledgeable on DO admissions what my chances are at scoring an interview(s) and/or acceptance(s).

Cumulative GPA: 3.48
Science GPA: 3.32
All-other GPA: 3.60
Fresh, Soph, Jun, Sen GPAs (respectively): 3.14, 3.06, 3.85, 3.74

MCAT: 507; 128/127/124/128

Experience:
Extracurricular leadership: 416 hrs
Research: 780 hrs (psychology and cardiology labs)
Collegiate sports: 240 hrs (1 semester DI rowing)
Clinical volunteering: 300 hrs (Rehab medicine, general inpatient, ICU)
Shadowing: 10 hrs (catheter PVC ablations)
Paid employment: 400 hrs (financial planning intern)
Non-medical volunteering: 340 hrs (building houses in Mexico)

5 LoRs (2 science profs, 1 non-science, 1 DO, 1 psychology research group director)

Undergrad majors: Chemistry, Philosophy, biology minor, business certificate.

My main concern is my GPA, although there is a strong upward trend.

Any advice is strongly strongly appreciated!! Thank you!!!!
You're fine for any DO school.
I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.