WAMC/ECs/School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Parataxis

Reaction score
cGPA/sGPA: 3.93/3.93
MCAT: 523 (131/130/131/131)
State: TX
Ethnicity: ORM

Clinical experience:
- Hospital volunteering (160 hours): pretty standard stuff conversing with patients and helping facilitate communication between them and nursing staff

Research Experience:
- 1200 hours working in same lab for two SURPs and during the school-year as an RA. Mostly do data analyses on clinical data. 1 third author pub.

Shadowing:
- 65 hours shadowing anesthesiology, neurology, pediatric cardiology, and radiology

Non-clinical volunteering:
- Contact tracing (750 hours): was also promoted to leadership position midway through where I also help coordinate and supervise contact tracing teams and provide guidance when needed.
- Piano volunteer (70 hours): mostly playing piano for hospice patients and at local cancer center.

Other:
- TA for intro psych class (400 hours)
- Lots of piano related stuff (lessons, some competitions, accompanying gigs, etc).

Am planning on applying upcoming cycle (will be taking gap year) and am trying to come up with a school list. Obviously most to all of the TX schools are on my radar as are some T20s, but am having hard time picking schools that don't fall into those two categories that are good fits for my stats and won't toss my app because of my TX residency. Also any other suggestions are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to all your Texas MD schools (including Baylor) and add any OOS MD schools that appeal to you.

Reactions: 1 user
From this description, you shouldn't have a problem assuming everything is in order with your letters. Do your outreach and really get some insight into the schools on your list so you can be better informed of your choices.