WAMC First Time Applicant C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AK9800

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys could help give me some insight into what my chances might be for gaining admission into a vet school this coming cycle. Thanks!

Applying to: WSU (IS), Cornell, UPenn, CSU, and RVC

ACADEMIC:
Major: Biology
Minor: Theology, Irish Studies
cGPA: 3.8
Science GPA: ~3.75
Attend top 20 college

VETERINARY EXPERIENCE:
- 430 hours as a pre-veterinary intern at a small animal hospital

ANIMAL EXPERIENCE:
- 510 hours as an intern at a domestic animal rescue and wildlife rehabilitation center

RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
- A semester and a half as an undergraduate research assistant in a molecular biology lab

WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Worked floor staff at a movie theater for two summers
- Paid summer internship at local Audubon center in High School

VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE:
- Volunteered at local salmon hatchery for 4 years in High School

EXTRACURRICULARS:
Minimally involved in Biology Club, Pre-Vet Club, Irish Club, and Fishing Club

PERSONAL STATEMENT:
Wrote about my desire to go into wildlife medicine after witnessing the emergence of SARS-CoV-2 and reading about the issue of emerging zoonotic diseases and One Health in several books

ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Dean's List three semesters
- Science Student of the Year in High School

LORS:
- Veterinarian at small animal hospital I did an internship at
- Professor whose lab I worked in and whose virology course I took
- Director of animal rescue and wildlife rehabilitation center I did an internship at

I realize a sort of came late to the realization I wanted to be a veterinarian and have minimal vet and animal experience and that I wasn't very active in extracurriculars and employment while in college, but I was wondering if my GPA and unique interest in wildlife medicine and infectious disease research might give me a chance. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.