WAMC for this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pandabutter

Reaction score
Date of submission: June 10
Overall GPA: 3.94
Science GPA: 3.8
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
TS: 21
AA: 21
PAT: 23
Bio: 23
Chem: 19
Orgo: 21
QR: 21
Reading: 19
State of Residence: South Carolina
Undergrad Attended: University of South Carolina
Major: Biology
Minor: Business
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 80 general, 320 oral & max surgeon
Volunteering Experience: 120
Employment: Currently in a dental implant studio creating guides for implants. Previous sterilization tech for oral surgery practice.
Research: Undergrad research on bacteria that causes dental caries. 1 full year, no presentation, no publish.
Other Extracurriculars: intramural sports, multiple clubs.
Relevant Honors or Awards: academic awards
LOR type and strength: 3 strong, 1 probably not that strong.

School list:
MUSC
Pitt
UNC
Louisville
Kentucky
OSU
UF
VCU
LSU

Please let me know what I need to change about my school list, if I should add more or take away. All advice is incredibly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If applying to UF, might as well throw in Nova or LECOM. You have a lot of state schools. I’d suggest adding 1-2 additional privates for safety’s just in case. Case western, Creighton, Touro are some additional suggestions.

Reactions: 1 user
What did you do with community service/volunteering for 120 hours? How many of your 320 hours with oral surgery represents your employment as a sterilization tech? How much networking have you done with the schools on your list (ASDA chapter officers)? Did you sign up with the ADEA GoDental Virtual Fair?

Members don't see this ad :)
If applying to UF, might as well throw in Nova or LECOM. You have a lot of state schools. I’d suggest adding 1-2 additional privates for safety’s just in case. Case western, Creighton, Touro are some additional suggestions.

Gotcha. Great advice, I’ll definitely add a couple private schools to my list.

What did you do with community service/volunteering for 120 hours? How many of your 320 hours with oral surgery represents your employment as a sterilization tech? How much networking have you done with the schools on your list (ASDA chapter officers)? Did you sign up with the ADEA GoDental Virtual Fair?

Volunteering, majority of it came from teaching children about various health topics each week. Volunteered through a club at my university, we would travel to a ministry each week. As for the oral surgery shadowing- employment is outside of the shadowing. I didn’t count employment hours in that number.
Networking, I could have done better. I’ve done well with MUSC but that’s about it unfortunately. Any advice? Is it too late to start networking more?

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Employment: Currently in a dental implant studio creating guides for implants. Previous sterilization tech for oral surgery practice.
Research: Undergrad research on bacteria that causes dental caries. 1 full year, no presentation, no publish.

School list:
MUSC
Pitt
UNC
Louisville
Kentucky
OSU
UF
VCU
LSU

Please let me know what I need to change about my school list, if I should add more or take away. All advice is incredibly appreciated. Thank you!
did you volunteer/shadow/attend events at MUSC d school?

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

School list:
MUSC
Pitt
UNC
Louisville
Kentucky
OSU
UF
VCU
LSU

UF and UNC are extremely tough for OOS
you probably should add a few safety schools if you are going to include those...

any ideas of what would count for safety schools regarding my stats? SC in state.
please do your own research
use the adea guide or other available information...