WAMC / late-in-the-game School list [520/3.90] :p

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weddingsoupfan

Reaction score
Hi all,

"Long time listener, first time caller" vibe here - so apologies if this isn't the correct forum. Due to some personal circumstances, I'm a little behind on work for this cycle and would love some insight on finalizing a school list. My primary will be verified in approx. 10 days, and I am finalizing drafting secondaries for my state schools (and plan to have all essays in within 3-4d of receiving prospective secondaries). I've made peace with submitting a little after Labor Day, but still would like to finalize my list ASAP so that I can prepare accordingly. My schtuff is as follows:

1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS cGPA 3.91 sGPA 3.86
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown 520 (130/128/131/131)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US) - PA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race - White
  5. Undergraduate institution or category - State school (neuro & spanish majors grad. May 2022)
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer) - ~1k hours as a paid patient care tech(2019-2022), ~50 as volunteer medical translator at a free clinic (started in Jan. 2022, and ongoing)
  7. Research experience and productivity - ~2yrs, 1 poster & abstract at international conference no pubs (working in lab for gap year)
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented ~40 hrs (anesthesiology, cardiosurg)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering ~200 hrs (bilingual counselor, crisis text line 2020-2022)
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): I'm really into teaching and explored it in the primary -- UTA for neuro // chemistry (probably ~200 hours across 2.5 yrs), and a Spanish teaching internship at a middle school (80-100 hours across 4 months). Misc. leadership (was an RA for freshmen for 2 years, was on a Unit Council as a PCT, was a Dorm Council president as a freshman .. totally forgot to mention in primary but honestly not that important).
  11. Relevant honors or awards Dean's list, didn't mention in app b/c GPA.. so N/A
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important

Here's my school list so far! I've only included MD, but would happily go to a DO school (have an uncle went to PCOM and he enjoys it). I'm just not sure if I or my app could reasonably explain "Why DO over MD." Excluded Penn State because I've been to Hershey and have no interest in returning! My financial situation makes 20 schools my personal maximum.

Pitt
Drexel
Geisinger
Temple
Penn
Jefferson

Johns Hopkins
NYU
Yale
SUNY Downstate
Emory
U Colorado
Einstein

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add any of these schools to your application:
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
Duke
U Virginia
Cincinnati
Case Western
Hofstra
Mount Sinai
Cornell
Columbia
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Michigan
UCSF
Kaiser

Reactions: 1 user
You could add any of these schools to your application:
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
Duke
U Virginia
Cincinnati
Case Western
Hofstra
Mount Sinai
Cornell
Columbia
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Michigan