WAMC -- late submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KuyaSean

Reaction score
Date of submission: 10/8/20
Overall GPA: 3.55
Science GPA:
DAT score:
AA 21, BIO 22, GC 19, OC 21, PA 23, QR 23, RC 20

State of Residence: Oregon

Major:
Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100 hours -- mostly general dentist and some with an oral surgeon
Volunteering Experience: 75 hours -- dental assistant for a volunteer mission in the Bahamas, Habitat for Humanity, National Honors Society, Youth Volunteer Corps.
Employment: 432 hours for my university's accounting office.
Other Extracurriculars: ~1575 hours playing for the baseball team, 52 hours for Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, 20 hours for Pre-Dental Club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Two scholarships, Chi Alpha Sigma Inductee (high GPA as a student-athlete)
LOR type and strength: 1 General Dentist (strong), 1 Pediatric Dentist (strong), 2 Biology professors (medium)
School list:
Creighton, OHSU, Roseman, UCLA, UCSF, Colorado, UNLV, UOP, Western

I'm submitting super late for this cycle because I took the DAT on August 30th and my professor took 3 months to write my last letter of recommendation :/ What are my chances to get in? My top school is OHSU because of the in-state tuition and ability to stay close to home since my dad is a general dentist. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good chance at ohsu. You have a higher DAT score than last year average 20.4 and your gpa is exactly similar to their average. Dont wanna discourage u but dont expect anything from UCLA and UCSF. UOP is random but you will probably hear from the rest of them. Best of lucks!

Date of submission: 10/8/20
Overall GPA: 3.55
Science GPA: 3.65
DAT score: AA 21, BIO 22, GC 19, OC 21, PA 23, QR 23, RC 20

State of Residence: Oregon

Major:
Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100 hours -- mostly general dentist and some with an oral surgeon
Volunteering Experience: 75 hours -- dental assistant for a volunteer mission in the Bahamas, Habitat for Humanity, National Honors Society, Youth Volunteer Corps.
Employment: 432 hours for my university's accounting office.
Other Extracurriculars: ~1575 hours playing for the baseball team, 52 hours for Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, 20 hours for Pre-Dental Club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Two scholarships, Chi Alpha Sigma Inductee (high GPA as a student-athlete)
LOR type and strength: 1 General Dentist (strong), 1 Pediatric Dentist (strong), 2 Biology professors (medium)
School list: Creighton, OHSU, Roseman, UCLA, UCSF, Colorado, UNLV, UOP, Western

I'm submitting super late for this cycle because I took the DAT on August 30th and my professor took 3 months to write my last letter of recommendation :/ What are my chances to get in? My top school is OHSU because of the in-state tuition and ability to stay close to home since my dad is a general dentist. Thanks!

i would have recommended that you apply to more schools...