---deleted---

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muddywaterswampert

Reaction score
---deleted---

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
With so little completed hours for clinical experience and no service to the underserved, I cannot recommend that you apply this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
You could receive interviews with your stats but they will be limited due to your lack of non clinical volunteering and low clinical volunteering hours:
I suggest these schools:
All 4 SUNYs
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
New York Medical College
Albany
Hackensack
Jefferson
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Duke
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
USF Morsani
Miami
Cincinnati
Ohio State
U Michigan
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a child of active duty military family? Did you graduate from an American International high school? Have you asked about your status to admissions recruiters; if so, what have they told you?

Last edited:
@Faha
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!
I had the following schools in mind too
Emory
Case Western
Dartmouth
Iowa
UCLA
Brown
Boston
Should any of these be avoided and for what reason?

In general, are there any schools that I should strongly avoid? Or if there are any that are still worth a shot? especially those with higher stats? just to get an idea - I don't plan on looking at schools like Grossman, Perelman, Hopkins, etc. but are there any prospects of interviews at schools like Cornell, Columbia, Stanford, UVA, etc. with stats still in reach range?

I will be boosting my clinical volunteering and plan to get minimum 100 hours of non-clinical (and continuing through the year) so hopefully that can help in update letters and improve my chances.
You could try Iowa. Not the others. In particular, Boston U, Dartmouth, Case Western and Brown are looking for applicants with many more clinical and non clinical hours than you have and Emory has an instate and URM preference. UVA may be worth trying with your stats.

Clinical hours are quite low, shadowing hours are plenty but in very niche fields (Neurosurgery is a very small portion of medicine). You could try applying this cycle but I think your chances at a lot of schools would be much higher next cycle.
If you do decide to apply next year, the extra clinical hours will help significantly. Try to shadow in FM/outpatient IM, shadowing an extra 80 hours in NSGY won't help you much.
I agree with Faha's list
Goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.