DELETED.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrumptydumpty

Reaction score
removed, thanks for all the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Try your best to partition your hours accordingly based on when you were actively doing calls.

I don't see any obvious holes in your application. You say you're a reapplicant - what cycle did you apply, where did you apply and what were the results of that cycle? How do you feel about your LORs and writing?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPA is obviously a bit low, so what is your year-by-year GPAs (overall and science/BCPM)? Did you take the MCAT with accommodations, or have you taken your courses most recently with accommodations? Have you applied for accommodations for Casper/PREview or future interviews should that be necessary?

No one on this site will make a school list with a projected MCAT score; you can adjust your list as necessary down the line once you get that new score.

As for your classes...I'm guessing you're shooting for an MD but at your GPA level and current MCAT score (since that's all we have to go off of) I think you'd have a fair shake at DO and probably Maryland as your instate MD without even taking more classes — the AAMC tables give that combo as a 41% probability of an MD acceptance. If you're content with those options, then I don't think you necessarily need to go back to take more credits. If your goal is to push higher, then its up to you about whether to lean SMP or post-bacc, with the risk/reward analysis for that.

Reactions: 1 user
I've decided that I will trash my app with anything below a 514. Could you make suggestions given a 517, pretty please?

Acknowledging that my final semester was an awful semester, if I were to pursue more coursework, how many additional credits should I take for damage control? Should I aim for a set GPA or knock out roughly 30 credits of post-bacc course work in other upper level bio classes? Masters??
Well, even if you get 515+, that GPA trend is going to work against you. I don't know what other upper-level biomedical science coursework you have taken (and we don't need you to post it here), but an SMP is likely the best route to medical school for you. No high MCAT is going to overcome low GPA's; as we point out, it just highlights the discrepancy more. "If only this 523 candidate with a 3.1x uGPA completed an SMP...". Reach out to some SMP directors who can give you an idea whether their program can best prepare you given your coursework already taken.