WAMC Low GPA Average DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsudental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Here are my GPA and DAT scores

AA: 19
PAT: 18
RC: 15
GC: 20
BIO: 20
OC:20
TS:20
QR:18

GPA: 3.02 overall combined undergrad+post-bacc(non-masters), 3.03 combined overall BBCP undergrad+post bacc(non-masters) and 3.08 science along with a 2.79 undergrad gpa and a 3.79 post-bacc(non-masters) gpa

Here is my schools list: could you tell me what to take off and to keep. Thank you.

Detroit Mercy
Marquette
USC
Western
California Northstate
Boston University
Tufts
ASDOH
NOVA
MWU-IL
LECOM
MARYLAND
NYU
MEHARRY
Lincoln Memorial
UNE
VCU
Temple

My state of residency is Virginia

Members don't see this ad.

Your list is sorta all over the place. Unless you're URM I'd remove Meharry. USC and NYU are 700k to attend now, so unless you want to be buried with 6-7k a month payments for 20 years I'd also remove those. Lincoln memorial is also a brand new school and isn't fully accredited and CNU doesn't take gov loans, so you'll have to pay with private (which I do not recommend).

Throw in Louisville, Case Western, and Touro, and remove USC/NYU/Meharry (unless ORM/URM).

Your post bacc GPA is very nice to see, how many credits is that? My one concern is your DAT score. Had it been 21+ I would think you'd be in better standing. You also haven't filled out the WAMC template completely, which doing so we could provide better information.

Hello,

GPA: 3.02 overall combined undergrad+post-bacc(non-masters), 3.03 combined overall BBCP undergrad+post bacc(non-masters) and 3.08 science along with a 2.79 undergrad gpa and a 3.79 post-bacc(non-masters) gpa

Here is my schools list: could you tell me what to take off and to keep. Thank you.

Detroit Mercy
Marquette
USC
Western
California Northstate
Boston University
Tufts
ASDOH
NOVA
MWU-IL
LECOM
MARYLAND
NYU
MEHARRY
Lincoln Memorial
UNE
VCU
Temple

please fill out a full WAMC template...

Members don't see this ad :)
Your list is sorta all over the place. Unless you're URM I'd remove Meharry. USC and NYU are 700k to attend now, so unless you want to be buried with 6-7k a month payments for 20 years I'd also remove those. Lincoln memorial is also a brand new school and isn't fully accredited and CNU doesn't take gov loans, so you'll have to pay with private (which I do not recommend).

Throw in Louisville, Case Western, and Touro, and remove USC/NYU/Meharry (unless ORM/URM).

Your post bacc GPA is very nice to see, how many credits is that? My one concern is your DAT score. Had it been 21+ I would think you'd be in better standing. You also haven't filled out the WAMC template completely, which doing so we could provide better information.
I am a URM. I will throw in Louisville, Case Western and Touro

Hello,

Detroit Mercy
Marquette
USC
Western
California Northstate
Boston University
Tufts
ASDOH
NOVA
MWU-IL
LECOM
MARYLAND
NYU
MEHARRY
Lincoln Memorial
UNE
VCU
Temple

why asdoh and not mosdoh?
why mw-il and not mw-az?
why the california schools?

Reactions: 1 user
why asdoh and not mosdoh?
why mw-il and not mw-az?
why the california schools?
i will add mosdoh( i am not sure if mosdoh accepts my combined gpa, the minimum is a 3.2)
and mwu-az(the minimum gpa is a 3.4)
the california schools fits my stats

i will add mosdoh
and mwu-az
Fits your stats, but not necessarily regionally close to you, so less of a likelihood of you moving across the country. Does your application align with the school's missions? That can often be more important than if your stats line up with a school.

Reactions: 1 user
Fits your stats, but not necessarily regionally close to you, so less of a likelihood of you moving across the country. Does your application align with the school's missions? That can often be more important than if your stats line up with a school.
do u know anyone got accepted to mosdoh with a 3.0 gpa?

i will add mosdoh( i am not sure if mosdoh accepts my combined gpa, the minimum is a 3.2)
and mwu-az(the minimum gpa is a 3.4)
i'm not telling you to add those schools, i am asking why they are not on your list
"fits my stats" is not mission fit...

you did your postbacc over 5 years ago?
what have you done since then (looks like you retook and improved your dat one point)?

WORKED AS A DA. I am now at PharmD school. I was planning to take my old undergrad grades away since it was touched way bay since I graduated in 2010. I started my post bacc in 2019 and started pharmd school in 2022. worked as a DA from 2020-2022. I have good grades in my pharmd curriculum. I went to community college in VA from 2005-2006 and transferred to a 4 yr school in 2006 where my undergrad grades are crappy so i want to delete them from my app and update my pharm grades instead. in virginia by law if you went to a 2 yr CC and got a 2.5 for 2 yrs then you can go to 4 yr school and graduate within 2 yrs.

Last edited:

my post bacc was 47 credits hrs

Reactions: 1 users