WAMC + Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoupEnthusiast

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can you break down your community service? How many hours doing food service, altar guild/service, thrift shop, fundraising? You will need more community service where you are out in the community serving others (more soup kitchen, home building, shelter volunteering, refugee orientation, etc.).

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you break down your community service? How many hours doing food service, altar guild/service, thrift shop, fundraising? You will need more community service where you are out in the community serving others (more soup kitchen, home building, shelter volunteering, refugee orientation, etc.).

Last edited:
Your CARS score will be an issue at top tier schools. You have several state public schools on your list that admit few non residents with no connection to the state. I suggest these schools:
U Michigan
Wayne State
Michigan State
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Central Michigan
Toledo
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU
Tulane
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Michigan
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
California University
Kaiser
Your best chances are at your Michigan schools

Your CARS score will be an issue at top tier schools. You have several state public schools on your list that admit few non residents with no connection to the state. I suggest these schools:
U Michigan
Wayne State
Michigan State
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Central Michigan
Toledo
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU
Tulane
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Michigan
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
California University
Kaiser
Your best chances are at your Michigan schools
Would it be worth the risk to retake the MCAT? Also are my chances for holistic schools (like UCLA) out of the park?

Would it be worth the risk to retake the MCAT? Also are my chances for holistic schools (like UCLA) out of the park?
It is possible your CARS score could be higher but your other scores could be lower. Usually it is not a good idea to retake a 516. You could try UCLA if they consider Vietnamese URM.

Agree with the above. You need to get out of your ethnic/religious bubble and serve people who are destitute: look into soup kitchens, food pantries, shelter facilities, etc.

Your MCAT score is not high enough for the schools that are looking for 519+ and a CARS 125 would get you there but it is just too risky. Go with @Faha's list.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Agree with the above. You need to get out of your ethnic/religious bubble and serve people who are destitute: look into soup kitchens, food pantries, shelter facilities, etc.

Your MCAT score is not high enough for the schools that are looking for 519+ and a CARS 25 would get you there but it is just too risky. Go with @Faha's list.
I agree with my wise colleagues. CARS is also the hardest category to remediate

@LizzyM @Goro @Faha I appreciate the honesty, reading this I might not be ready to apply this cycle as I’m not happy with where I’m standing at. I’m gonna spend the next couple weeks to think on this. Will keep you all updated

Reactions: 1 user