WAMC - Need help with school list for DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjv_

Reaction score
I am applying as a reapplicant to a few MD schools (in state schools for AL and SC – got waitlisted to one of these last cycle, but no acceptances), and am focusing on applying DO this cycle. I am applying to ACOM and VCOM (Auburn, Spartanburg, Blacksburg) for sure. What other DO schools should I apply to? Are there any I should avoid?
  • 3.65 cGPA and 3.73 sGPA as calculated by AACOMAS
  • MCAT: 504 (124/128/124/128)
  • AL resident; graduated undergrad in SC
  • Employed as a PCT, with approx. 1,200 hours so far, and counting
  • Certified EMT
  • 4 year Div. I athlete in college
  • Decent shadowing, clinical and non-clinical volunteering
  • Strong recommendations, including one from an MD (but not from a DO)
  • Currently 2 years post-undergrad graduation (will be 3 years by time of med school matriculation)
Also, are my chances at VCOM higher if I indicate preference for the Auburn campus (given my AL residency)? That might not be my actual first choice, but I want to maximize my chances for acceptance.

@Goro
@Faha
Plus anyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

VCOM.AL might indeed give you preference.
Also suggest
All LECOMS
PCOM
KYCOM
KCOM
MUCOM
NYITCOM.AR
KCU
TUNCOM
BOTH
WESTERNS
WVCOM

Avoid all for profit schools, LMU, ARCOM, LUCOM, and any schools that haven't graduated a class yet.

VCOM.AL might indeed give you preference.
Also suggest
All LECOMS
PCOM
KYCOM
KCOM
MUCOM
NYITCOM.AR
KCU
TUNCOM
BOTH
WESTERNS
WVCOM

Avoid all for profit schools, LMU, ARCOM, LUCOM, and any schools that haven't graduated a class yet.
Thank you so much. This is helpful. What about CCOM or DMU? Would those be worth considering, or is there a reason not to apply to those? Also, what about Nova Southeastern (NSU-KPCOM)? Would that be an option?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro - Just following up to thank you again and ask whether CCOM, DMU and/or Nova Southeastern (NSU-KPCOM) would be worth considering, or if there is a reason I should not apply to those. Thanks!

ARCOM did graduate a class. Pretty good matches too.