WAMC Non-Trad Canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colonless

Reaction score
Merry Christmas and happy holidays! I am am here to ask for your humble opinion on WAMC (I made another post earlier in the week but without proper format so will be posting this one with the correct one).

26M, Canadian citizen with a lots of family in the states (FL, NY, IL).

1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
Bachelors in Kinesiology (sub-GPA = 3.4, cGPA = 2.8 - I know this is very low but was a result of serious health/medical problems during years 1-2).
I have also graduated from PT school with a Masters in Physiotherapy (from the UK) with a Masters GPA of ~3.3.

2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown

I have not written the MCAT yet, or even started to study for it - However I believe that I will score around a 505-510. I know this is a big question mark but I am confident something that I will put my all into. I did not want to jump the gun and do the MCAT if I truly had 0 chance of getting in with my credentials.

3.Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
Non-Volunteer:
>3000 hours of Paid Clinical Experience as a Physiotherapy Assistant
>1000 hours of Paid Clinical Experience as Therapy/General medical assistant in a hospital

4. Research experience and productivity
Undergrad: Systematic review, poster and presentation for all health science faculty and students
Masters: Extended proposal, with a panel presentation

5. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
~300 hours of shadowing a FM MD
~ 60 hours of shadowing General Surgery, Nephrology, Cardiology and, Orthopedic Surg and IM during my clinical rotations as a PT

6. Non-clinical volunteering

- ~300 hours of coaching soccer at local community spots team
~300 hours of volunteering at Covid vaccine centres during the height of the pandemic'
>500 hours of tutoring highschool math and sciences in a local community centre.

7. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
- Captain of the soccer team in high school, and undergrad (year 3)
- Assistant coach of local youth sports organization (soccer, hockey and volleyball) during summers

8. Relevant honors or awards

- President of the Health Science Society during my Year 3 of my Undergrad
- Founded and carried out a health promotion initiative at a local high school educating students on the importance of nutrition, the different domains of health etc...

Members don't see this ad.