WAMC: ORM, cGPA 3.24, sGPA 3.16, Masters GPA 4.0, MCAT 515, school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maw10

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice for my school list this year. This will be my third cycle, however my first with a MCAT of 515 and masters GPA of 4.0. My previous two cycles had a 508. I appreciate any advice people would be willing to give. Thank you!
  1. cGPA 3.71 and sGPA 3.16 as calculated by AMCAS
  2. MCAT score of 515 - c/p 127, cars 127, b/b 131, p/s 130
  3. Residency: I will be applying to my state school, but I would rather not share. It is in the midwest.
  4. Ethnicity and/or race - White
  5. Undergraduate institution or category - state school
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
    1. Phlebotomy - year and a half full time so 1000 hours
    2. Home Health care - 4 months full time so 650 hours
  7. Research experience and productivity
    1. About 800 hours, no pubs, 4 awards, and a grant, and 4 poster presentations (1 regional, 1 national)
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. 60+ hours across 8 specialties
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. 205 hours across 4 organizations
    2. starting a project soon that will be additional 200 and works with the state to expand accessibility to state programs
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. President of the greek council overseeing the campus
  11. School list
    1. my state school
    2. neighboring state school i have ties to
    3. neighboring state school i have ties to
    4. Loyola
    5. Rush
    6. Rosalind
    7. GW
    8. GT
    9. Wake
    10. UCLA
    11. Tulane
    12. Drexel
    13. Creighton
    14. Temple
    15. Medical College of Wisconsin
    16. SLU
    17. central Michigan
    18. Dartmouth
    19. U of A Tuscan
    20. Quinnipiac

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Central Michigan, Arizona-Tucson and UCLA admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. You could add these schools:
TCU
NOVA MD
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Since you are a 3rd time applicant you should apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
CCOM
AZCOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
MU-COM
TUNCOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
CUSOM

Thanks Faha! I will add those to the list. Do you think my application is well rounded enough to gain an acceptance this go around? Anything you see lacking that I should work on before interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also @Goro and @Mr.Smile12, I would love any feedback you both can provide. Last year I asked for advice on the Masters and it turned out really well!

Yes. it is a big feeder to my state school and I was specifically guided to attend due to the low undergraduate GPA. I think my chances should be good there, but you just never know.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as there has been success getting students from your SMP into the in state and neighboring schools, your strategy should be good. Where you are for an offer is on you for mission fit.

Thanks Faha! I will add those to the list. Do you think my application is well rounded enough to gain an acceptance this go around? Anything you see lacking that I should work on before interviews?
Your improved MCAT will help. Nothing lacking.