WAMC please! 3.55 with an upward trend, 510, ORM.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Julatteluver

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I received a rather disappointing MCAT score today after averaging around 515 on FLs. I have to make some adjustments to my list if I continue with this cycle.

NY resident, ORM (Asian female), first gen, and SES disadvantaged (marked as unknown as AMCAS because one of parents not in US and both completed high school outside of US).
Also labeled myself as disadvantaged since I immigrated to the US to escape domestic violence along with other financial issues.

GPA: ~3.55 for both cgpa and sgpa. I had a pretty good upward trend (3.2,3.0,3.8,3.9)
MCAT: 510 (127/126/127/130)
Activities:
~500 hours on clinical volunteering at an emergency department for 2 consecutive years.
~100 hours on community volunteering/leadership where I led a group of students to offer free summer camp program to kids in underserved communities (in philly)
~500 hours on a different community volunteering, instructed SAT for kids from disadvantaged backgrounds.
~2500 research hours on two projects that I have been working on for 3 years now. 3 posters, one got accepted to a national convention. Getting published soon, but not yet.
~20 hours shadowing. Was planning to get more hours but couldn't due to covid.
~mentioned running on application as well but nothing significant!
~no *amazing* honors/awards, received Dean's Research Fund twice along with other research recognitions. Two Dean's award after my GPA went up, but again, nothing crazy.

School list so far
Albany
Albert Einstein
Boston U (reach)
Rosalin Franklin
Drexel
EVMS
Quinnipiac
GW
SUNYs
Temple
Loyola
NYMC
NYULI
Rush
Tufts
Tulane
Cincinnati
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

I am not planning to apply to DOs for this cycle, but will certainly do if I have to reapply. I think I have too many low yield schools right now, so can I get some advices on schools that I may have a decent shot at?

Lastly, I'm thinking about applying to Drexel's DPMS program as well, is this a good idea? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Remove the reaches including Boston University and Cincinnati. Also Virginia Tech has a small class with a regional bias. You could add these schools instead:
Vermont
Jefferson
Penn State
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont

Remove the reaches including Boston University and Cincinnati. Also Virginia Tech has a small class with a regional bias. You could add these schools instead:
Vermont
Jefferson
Penn State
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont

thank you Faha! Just wondering, I thought Penn state also had in state bias. Is this incorrect?