WAMC/School Help List (DO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicken-n-beer

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Undergrad GPA: 3.01 BCPM and 3.20 Cumulative (was very distracted in college and had no support system but I've been working on myself)

2. SMP GPA: 3.77 (coursework very closely followed the basic science curriculum you would see in the first years of medical school).

3. My primary was submitted on June 7th but processed around July 5th. The vast majority of my secondaries were completed in July and up through the first week or so of August. I added a few school recently and completed secondaries for 3/4 of these schools.

4. First MCAT in 2017- 500 (124/127/123/126) and second MCAT this year - 508 (128/127/128/125).

5. M.D. school where I applied:
Albany
Einstein
TCU
BU Rejected on 9/29
Case Western
Cooper
FIU
FSU
Netter
Hackensack Cannot obtain Healthcare letter
Howard
Mount Sinai
Temple
Meharry
Morehouse Rejected on 10/25
NYMC
OSU
Penn State
Perelman
SLU
USF
UCLA Never got secondary
UCF
Pritzker Rejected on 9/22
UF
Wake Forest Rejected on 10/25
Wayne State

Magna cum laude from my SMP
Total of 6 months of research experience as a research intern at a state school (over two summers)
Physician shadowing (about 200 total hours)
Volunteer with my local health department (about 200 hours)
Research in Chemistry for several years during undergrad
Officer for a STEM community outreach program
Attended a national conference as a member of a debate team
Award from Biology department for exemplary work in a Physiology course
Volunteer for an international Cancer research and education organization

Some hospice volunteering (trying to do more at the moment when I'm not working)

My list is top heavy because I assumed that my MCAT would go a littler better than it actually did.

I'm working on my 2022 AACOMAS now.

Members don't see this ad.

Just remind us: Where is your state residency? Community service?
Volunteer with my local health department (about 200 hours)

Officer for a STEM community outreach program (going to elementary, middle and high school to provide tutoring and STEM immersion; helping students prepare for and transition into life after high school)

Volunteer for an international Cancer research and education organization(over two summers)

Some hospice volunteering (trying to do more at the moment when I'm not working)

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

PCOM
KCUCOM
LECOM
NOVA