crabpaddy2678
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
Current Junior GPA~3.6 (Es. ~Low 3.7 when graduating) Dual Major in Biology & Public Policy
-. MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts.
Mcat 519 (130/130/130/129)
-. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
NYS Resident
-. Ethnicity and/or race
Asian, Male
-. Undergraduate institution or category
Some grade deflating ivy
-. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
~150 ER volunteer hours,
~1500 EMT Vol Hours (Was the IC for an MCI once) (Est. 250 ER Hours & 2500 EMT Hours by Graduation) (I’ve done a lot of shifts with the ambulance, but I’m not sure if I should count the standby hours or not. As of now, est. min~400 Patient contacts)
-. Research experience and productivity
~ 1400 hours research so far (two labs - one plant genetics lab and one MCB, One 1st Author Poster for plant breeding) Considering Honors Thesis for Senior Year. As of now, no longer involved in these labs.
-. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
~ 20 hours shadowing (Trauma Surgery, EM, Pediatric Surgery)
-. Non-clinical volunteering
None. Or if Be My Eyes Counts ~ 10 calls
-. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
President of a charity club ~3 years, Chess Club Member
TA for Biochem & Anatomy&P (~2 Years Each when graduating)
Relevant honors or awards
-. Anything else not listed you think might be important
Focused on Rural and Tribal Communities
Current working with state legislatures in improving health access to underserved communities.(Paid)
My College Premed Advisor said my background and story is strong and unique (His own words: "One of the best that he's seen") and would be very very competitive for mission focused schools like Upstate (Because my stats are not strong for T20s). Very strong Rural & Underserved community health system focus, Unfortunately, I can’t put my story here because it is very identifiable 🙂
I am considering getting an MPH from my undergrad school in health policy/Health Management but I’m not sure if it's worth it? I wish for a T30, but as long as I get in any MD program, I would go.
LORs: 2 from the Science Professors that I TA for, 1 From the Chief of the Ambulance Company, 1 From the State Legislatures that I work with and 1 from my research lab (Maybe)
Worked(Paid) at a thrift store over the summer as a store manager
School list based on what I think my chances may be
Far Reach: HMS, UCSF, Columbia (Columbia-Bassett), NYU LongIsland, Weil Cornell, Yale, Penn, JHU, Stanford, Mayo, CWRU, DUKE, Northwest, UT Southwest, UChic, Baylor, Upitt, Umich,
Reach: Brown, Dartmouth, UCLA-Prime, Rochester, Uwisconsin, Tufts, BU, USC keck, Indiana, Mich State, Albert, OSU, Penn State.
Target: Upstate, Downstate, Stony Brook, UCD-Rural Ag, UCI-Rural, UCSD, Hoftra, Albany
Current Junior GPA~3.6 (Es. ~Low 3.7 when graduating) Dual Major in Biology & Public Policy
-. MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts.
Mcat 519 (130/130/130/129)
-. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
NYS Resident
-. Ethnicity and/or race
Asian, Male
-. Undergraduate institution or category
Some grade deflating ivy
-. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
~150 ER volunteer hours,
~1500 EMT Vol Hours (Was the IC for an MCI once) (Est. 250 ER Hours & 2500 EMT Hours by Graduation) (I’ve done a lot of shifts with the ambulance, but I’m not sure if I should count the standby hours or not. As of now, est. min~400 Patient contacts)
-. Research experience and productivity
~ 1400 hours research so far (two labs - one plant genetics lab and one MCB, One 1st Author Poster for plant breeding) Considering Honors Thesis for Senior Year. As of now, no longer involved in these labs.
-. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
~ 20 hours shadowing (Trauma Surgery, EM, Pediatric Surgery)
-. Non-clinical volunteering
None. Or if Be My Eyes Counts ~ 10 calls
-. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
President of a charity club ~3 years, Chess Club Member
TA for Biochem & Anatomy&P (~2 Years Each when graduating)
Relevant honors or awards
-. Anything else not listed you think might be important
Focused on Rural and Tribal Communities
Current working with state legislatures in improving health access to underserved communities.(Paid)
My College Premed Advisor said my background and story is strong and unique (His own words: "One of the best that he's seen") and would be very very competitive for mission focused schools like Upstate (Because my stats are not strong for T20s). Very strong Rural & Underserved community health system focus, Unfortunately, I can’t put my story here because it is very identifiable 🙂
I am considering getting an MPH from my undergrad school in health policy/Health Management but I’m not sure if it's worth it? I wish for a T30, but as long as I get in any MD program, I would go.
LORs: 2 from the Science Professors that I TA for, 1 From the Chief of the Ambulance Company, 1 From the State Legislatures that I work with and 1 from my research lab (Maybe)
Worked(Paid) at a thrift store over the summer as a store manager
School list based on what I think my chances may be
Far Reach: HMS, UCSF, Columbia (Columbia-Bassett), NYU LongIsland, Weil Cornell, Yale, Penn, JHU, Stanford, Mayo, CWRU, DUKE, Northwest, UT Southwest, UChic, Baylor, Upitt, Umich,
Reach: Brown, Dartmouth, UCLA-Prime, Rochester, Uwisconsin, Tufts, BU, USC keck, Indiana, Mich State, Albert, OSU, Penn State.
Target: Upstate, Downstate, Stony Brook, UCD-Rural Ag, UCI-Rural, UCSD, Hoftra, Albany
Last edited: