WAMC + School list:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OChemIsntFun

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edited for privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add these MD schools to your application:
Wake Forest
Loyola
Vermont
On your DO list remove OU-HCOM since they admit very few non residents. Add WVSOM and CUSOM.

You could add these MD schools to your application:
Wake Forest
Loyola
Vermont
On your DO list remove OU-HCOM since they admit very few non residents. Add WVSOM and CUSOM.
Thanks for your expertise Faha -- I will do that. How do you think my chances are at receiving MD interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you committed to rural medicine for your career?
I wouldn't say I'm committed, but it's definitely an interest of mine that I'll probably pursue. Didn't mention it in my primary application since I didn't want to limit my school list to schools that emphasize rural med, but I can talk pretty extensively about first-hand experiences of rural healthcare disparities and plans to practice there in schools that do.

@Goro Would also appreciate your expertise, not sure if its worth adding 8 MD's and applying to 30 MD schools or instead adding more DO schools. Trying to keep my school list somewhat limited to 30-35.

I suggest the following. But remove OKSOM from your list above and they prefer people from their region.

Albany
Drexel
EVMS
Gtown
GWU
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
NEOMED (maybe)
Netter
Oakland-B
Rosy Franklin
Rush
SLU
TCU
Temple
Tulane
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Wake Forest
Wayne State
WVU
EVMS
VCU

Any DO program. Include UNECOM. I can't recommend LMU, SOMA, ARCOM, RVU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible.