WAMC/School List 3.9/518 ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burntoutgiftedkid

Reaction score
Hi all! I recently updated my school list and am looking for some feedback.
  1. cGPA/sGPA : 3.99/3.97
  2. MCAT score: 518
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): PA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Asian
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Public state school
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 350 hours of EMT, 120 hours hospital volunteering
  7. Research experience and productivity: 550 hours at home institution, 400 hours with summer internship at UPenn, expecting another 400 hours with summer internship at Harvard med this summer. 2 publications (5th author on both), 2 poster presentations.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 100 hours in various specialties (neurosurgery, oncology, ENT, ortho, family care, peds, cardiology)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 250 hours after-school academy program for disadvantaged youth in South Philly-- this program also did community events (food distribution, diaper banks, vaccine clinics etc.)
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Resident Assistant, Orgo TA, Chinese language tutor, president of American Physician Scientist Association
  11. Anything else not listed you think might be important: Most of my app is pretty research heavy, looking to apply to research schools, but not MD/PhD. I would like to pursue a career in clinical academic medicine though.
Medical School List: UCSF, Harvard, Perelman, Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, Mayo Clinic, Cornell, Brown, UMich, Pitt, Case Western, Icahn, Boston University, Hofstra, UCLA, Emory, University of Colorado, Dartmouth, Ohio State, Rochester, Tufts, Miami, Cincinnati, Albert Einstein, Jefferson, Wake Forest, Penn State, Temple, Drexel, Geisinger, Cooper

I'm open to any feedback, especially if any schools on my list don't fit the "vibe" of my stats/demographics/activities or are too low-yield. Lmk what you guys think!

Members don't see this ad.

Faha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add these schools:
USF Morsani
Vanderbilt
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Kaiser