WAMC & School List: 3.94/523

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenthumb-365

Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.94, sGPA: 3.84
  2. MCAT: 523
  3. State of residence: Illinois, state ties to Wisconsin and Arizona
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: white female
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: mid-tier private
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): Paid entrance screener (300 hrs), paid ER tech (400 hrs), EMT ride-alongs? (25 hrs)
  7. Research experience and productivity: 1.5 yrs, ~750 hrs in a neuroscience genetics lab doing wet lab, psych, and clinical research, 1 independent research grant leading to a virtual poster presentation, 1 third author publication in Plos One; planning to spend gap year as a CRC for this same lab
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: minimal bc covid :/ ~40 hrs shadowing PC doc in a clinic in Guatemala
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: after school program assistant coach for two spring seasons (~80 hrs), domestic violence advocacy center intern answering crisis line and running play group with the shelter kids (~70 hrs), campus peer health educator hosting bystander intervention trainings and workshops on alcohol and other drugs (~200 hrs)
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): gap year --> CRC coordinating a program to improve breastfeeding rates for nicu infants, chapter president of my sorority, TA for psych course, studied abroad on three continents in a comparative health program
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Selected by university for Omicron Delta Kappa honor society [group of 31 students from senior class working with high up admin to improve the student experience], Phi Beta Kappa honor society, and university women's leadership award; dean's list every semester; presidential scholarship
  12. Note: Interested in some kind of primary care practice (family med, OBGYN, geriatrics, peds)

Medical School List:
  • NYU, Harvard, Stanford, UCSF, UPenn, UChicago, Northwestern, Baylor, Yale, Vanderbilt, UVA, UMichigan, UCLA
  • Georgetown, GWU, BU, Emory, Tulane, Rush, Cincinatti, Wisconsin, Arizona-Tucson, Arizona-Phoenix, U of I
Looking for more mid-tier schools to add, advice on whether my list is way too top-heavy, and general thoughts on my school list

Also, lmk if you have any tips for things to work on during my gap year

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We cant tell you definitively without an actual MCAT to go off. Ive seen people get 520+ on AAMC FLs only to get a 500-510 on the real thing.

Reactions: 4 users
We cant tell you definitively without an actual MCAT to go off. Ive seen people get 520+ on AAMC FLs only to get a 500-510 on the real thing.
I got a 516 after going 520/520/522/522 on my FLs, as an example. FL averages are a decent indicator but you really have to wait until you have your real score

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive several interviews from your school list. You could add any of these schools:
Washington University (almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
U Chicago
Mayo
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Case Western

Reactions: 1 users
You should receive several interviews from your school list. You could add any of these schools:
Washington University (almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
U Chicago
Mayo
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Case Western
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Definitely will be looking into adding some of those