WAMC/School List: 3.9X/523 ORM (Traditional)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowbolt23

Reaction score
Summary: traditional applicant, 523 / 3.9X
Clinical: 880
  • 700h: non-transport EMS ; anticipated 300
  • 100h: EMT-B volunteer ; anticipated 30
  • 80h: Free Clinic Volunteer ; anticipated 20
  • 80h: Shadowing (Nephrology, Endocrinology, Internist)
Research: 400h+ 3 Posters ; anticipated 100
Non-Clinical: 330
  • 100h: Kitchen Volunteer at Shelter ; anticipated 40
  • 100h: Campaign fellow
  • 80h: Advocacy volunteer ; anticipated 20
  • 50h: English tutor (pandemic only)
Leadership: 350
  • 350: Club Executive Board ; anticipated 100
Tutoring/etc.: 100
  • 100h: Organic Chemistry Teaching Intern ; anticipated 50
Other: 50
  • 25h: Honors Ambassador ; anticipated 10
  • 25: Intramural Soccer
Awards: Executive Deans List (6 semesters), National Merit Scholar; The President's Volunteer Service Award (earned at end of high school)

School List:
T10:
  1. Duke
  2. UPenn
  3. Yale
T20:
  1. WashU
  2. Vanderbilt
  3. Cornell
  4. Mayo
  5. UPitt
  6. Northwestern
  7. UMich
  8. UChicago
T50:
  1. Emory
  2. Case Western
  3. Ohio
  4. Boston Univerity
  5. Brown
  6. Indiana
  7. UCincy
Other:
  1. Georgetown
  2. George Washington
  3. Rosalind Franklin
  4. SLU
  5. Loyola
Notes: Indiana state resident. Studying abroad this summer and worried about completing secondaries on time -- trying to condense my school list so I can prewrite mostly everything actually enjoy my summer. Writing is probably average and LORs will likely be above-average. I need help building a school list that will be comprehensive but also on the shorter (<25 schools) end. I am worried about yield protection and am trying to apply to schools that are a mission fit for me (advocacy-oriented application). Any help would be appreciated! TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

Loyola and Rosalind Franklin will probably "yield protect" with your stats. You should receive several interviews from the other schools on your list.
You could add these schools:
U Virginia
NYU
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Harvard

Community advocacy is a separate category, so you have 180 hours here. English tutoring is tutoring. That keaves you about 100 to 140 hours of shelter work. Keep pushing it up, but you should be okay.

I would check your "Other" category since unless you have a real affinity, you will likely be yield protected.

State residency is also important.

Leadership also appears a little lackluster based on the description. Some of the brand schools want people who make a difference. What is your impact as a physician and why di you fit their mission?

Members don't see this ad :)
Community advocacy is a separate category, so you have 180 hours here. English tutoring is tutoring. That keaves you about 100 to 140 hours of shelter work. Keep pushing it up, but you should be okay.

I would check your "Other" category since unless you have a real affinity, you will likely be yield protected.

State residency is also important.

Leadership also appears a little lackluster based on the description. Some of the brand schools want people who make a difference. What is your impact as a physician and why di you fit their mission?
Appreciate the feedback! Is "community advocacy" a new category? It wasn't listed in some of the resources I referenced.

Appreciate the feedback! Is "community advocacy" a new category? It wasn't listed in some of the resources I referenced.
I am not sure but that has been discussed recently as something new for AMCAS. Regardless some adcoms will categorize it that way.

Last edited: