WAMC/School list help 3.6cGPA + 503 MCAT, URiM, non-trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
  1. cGPA (3.50) and sGPA (3.38) as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown 503 (127/123/129/124) - first time
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): MD right now but switching to MO because of my postbac program.
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: African/Black American
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Grinnell College'23
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): Volunteer at a local hospital in MD (~200hrs)
  7. Research experience and productivity: Summer research at UIowa (10wks - mostly behavioral) - helped with an experiment published in a paper. Undergrad research (1 semester - last semester to learn bench lab techniques). Research postbac (2023-2025 full time ~ 40-50hrs/wk) - independently doing experiments for manuscript.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: Mixed of virtual and in-person (with cardio and derm but plan to do more through my postbac program)~30hrs plus more to come.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: ball boy for my undergrad soccer team and volleyball (~30hours). Plan to begin another opportunity for a non-profit organization
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): TA + African club leadership (2yrs), intramural soccer and archery, photography, abroad (1semster)
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Dean's list (3.5+GPA, 1 semester), conference grant (2021), professional grant (2021-2023).
  12. Non-clinical Work Experience: Dining server (undergrad ~ 90hrs), retirement home restaurant server (~190), Chemistry stockroom assistant (~90hrs), athletic center receptionist (~150hrs)
  13. Anything else not listed you think might be important

Current list of allo schools (I'm still adding schools to my list - I plan to apply next cycle 2024-2025
- Mizzo
- Albert Einstein
- PennState
- Ohio state
- wake forest
- northwestern

Members don't see this ad.

Ohio State, Einstein and Northwestern are not realistic with a MCAT of 503. You need 50 hours of in person physician shadowing (including primary car) and 150+ hours of non clinical volunteering with the less fortunate ( food bank, homeless shelter, etc. ) before you apply. I suggest these schools with your stats and if you accumulate those hours:
Missouri
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Indiana
TCU
Tulane
Miami
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Belmont (new school)
Any other new schools that may open for 2025 (American University, Alice Walton, Methodist University, Roseman)