WAMC/School list help (517/3.98)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vitalsleepy

Reaction score
Hi! I wanted to share my current school list that I created with the help of admit.org to see if anyone had any suggestions or advice that might be helpful!

1. cGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: 3.98
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 517 (128/128/129/132)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): AZ
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: White/ORM
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: No-name private school
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 1000 hours emergency department scribe
  7. Research experience and productivity: 400 hours immunology lab research, current lead on a project with R21 funding, no posters or pubs
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 15 hours in orthopedic surgery, 15 hours with esophageal surgeon. 75 hours of virtual shadowing across multiple different specialties and healthcare professions through a course at my school during COVID.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 100 hours local food bank, 50 hours with a youth baseball league for children with disabilities, 30 hours miscellaneous community volunteering
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): 2 years Division 1 baseball player, 1 year community college baseball. 2 semesters of anatomy lab TA where I led small group discussions about the course material. Spent 2 summers with 2 different host families playing baseball in collegiate baseball leagues in rural areas across the US.
  11. Relevant honors or awards: NJCAA Division 1 Academic All-American, award for male athlete with highest GPA, generic award for volunteering at a certain number of events at our school
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: First-generation, single-parent household

School List:

Columbia
UCSF
Duke
Vanderbilt
WashU
Cornell
NYU
Yale
Mayo
Northwestern
UCSD
Pitt
Icahn
Case Western
Virginia
Zucker
UChicago
Emory
UCLA
Michigan
Brown
Arizona
Arizona - Phoenix
Creighton
Dartmouth
VCU
Tufts
Miami
Jefferson
Quinnipiac
Hackensack
Colorado
Rochester
Albert Einstein
Cincinnati
Boston
USC

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD admits few non residents with no connection to the state. You should receive several interviews from the other schools on your list. Add Arizona State when it opens.

Reactions: 1 user