WAMC/School List Help CA 3.86 520, Appreciate your help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WeOutHereWaiting

Reaction score
Hello all, I need some help with my school list. I currently have applied to 26 schools and am wondering if I should add more schools to it. WARS is suggesting 22 schools, but almost everyone I know is applying to 33ish schools. As a side note, I am trying my best to not pick schools that require CASPER (hence not applying to BU or Colorado), and I have a huge interest in academic medicine (as demonstrated by my love for teaching and research).
  1. cGPA and sGPA: 3.86 both
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 520 (129, 128, 131, 132)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): CA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Marking as Other: MENA since I don't identify as White (even though I will probably still be put in that category)
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Top public school (T20)
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): MA at ophthalmology clinic ~800 hours (full time over 5 months), 3000 Clinical Research Coordinator job is patient-facing (marked under research but description talks about patient interaction)
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~800 hours Research Assistant at Genetics Lab, was awarded a grant, produced presentation and thesis, and will be submitted for publication (1 mid authorship in Sept, and a coauthorship later in December), ~2000 hours Clinical Research Coordinator Collecting Data on Patients
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ~100 (Peds, Ophthalmology, PM&R)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: Led a group of tutors to provide mentorship/tutoring for disadvantaged students during covid/remote learning, Nonclinical volunteering at a hospital (art cart), Made cloth masks for local hospitals with mask shortages at the peak of the pandemic
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Several leadership Role in Premedical Frat (ties well with teaching/mentorship theme in app), Several Teaching Jobs (private and for a company), Leadership Role in Residence Hall association in undergrad, TA's for a bio course in undergrad
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Undergraduate scholarships, Grant awarded for research, cum laude
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: PS ties passions for teaching/mentorship, research, and clinical care together, leading into my interest for academic medicine

School List: (First 26 are finalized, last two are being considered)
Reach:
UCSF
Stanford
Harvard
Columbia
NYU
Cornell
Yale
UPenn
WashU
UChicago
Northwestern