MD WAMC/School list help please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted973311

Hi all, been lurking on this site for months and just finally have decided to create an account as I am hoping to apply this summer! I want to apply broadly (MD only) but be smart about where I apply, so input based on my stats and what (if anything) I can do in next couple months would be appreciated so much!

cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
cGPA: 3.75-3.8
sGPA (BCPM):3.75-3.8

MCAT score(s) and breakdown
515. highest came from CARS but no alarming imbalances

State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
Oregon

Ethnicity and/or race
White female

Undergraduate institution or category
Non-competitive 4-year LAC in WA

Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
300 hours paid in-home care for people with developmental disabilities (cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, etc). since its in home I'm not sure if its clinical but I gave medication and managed G/J tubes and other medical equipment so maybe its clinical? The people were pretty much my "patients" so I hope to argue that it was clinical experience.
150 hours cookie cutter volunteer at local hospital. Nothing special, gave patients magazines, gave directions, checked people in for appts.

Research experience and productivity
250 hours lab on campus. no pubs or presentations, but spent hours on hours dissecting mice and doing some cell staining and microscopy work as well. at the least will get a good LOR from prof and got some lab skills out of it
400 hours clinical research during summer internship. helped physicians and scientists at major hospital with patient involved studies. patient contact here so this could count as research or clinical not sure since it wasn't a laboratory setting?

Shadowing experience and specialties represented
Pretty limited, 20 hours immunologist and shadowed a cardiac surgeon for one day, observed open heart surgery. hoping to shadow primary care doc next couple months before app opens

Non-clinical volunteering
150 hours reading and doing crafts with dementia patients at nursing home
100 hours packing food at a food bank
200 hours volunteering with an epidemiological research group and clinical research (separate from listed above)." clinical research" was just paperwork really. not sure what to list this as since it's kinda research and kinda medical related volunteering but no patient contact(should I list it at all?)

Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
two sport d3 athlete (swimming and tennis). Took it pretty seriously, national champ qualifier and many awards.
paid tutor for peers in math for 3 semesters (50 hours each ish)
400 hours work study job as admissions office assistant (paperwork, answer phone, etc)

Relevant honors or awards
Deans List, and lots of awards for sports but none for academics really.

Anything else not listed you think might be important
Studied abroad, took a pre-req (biochem) abroad. Neat experience that provided me with global awareness but not a lot of pre-med related activities.

Members don't see this ad.