phatoliver
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Note: With this being said I’m trying to get into TMDSAS for the tuition costs, and I did submit primary in late July but and I am pre writing TMDSAS secondaries and will submit them as soon as I receive them.
MCAT: CP CARS BB PS —> 128,126,124,130. 508.
AMCAS GPA: 3.77 , sGPA 3.68
TMDSAS GPA: 3.81, sGPA 3.72
This is rough calculation but I’m sure it falls somewhere between those two. ^^
Graduated a semester early from UT Austin, Biology. Transferred there after a year at UH. Hispanic. Spanish-Speaking. Gap year
Experience Summary:
Clinical : 500, 400+ projected
Shadowing: 200
Research: 150
Non-clinical service: 350, 150+ projected
Employment / Leadership: 5000+
Entrepreneurship/ Other Meaningful Experience: 1000+
EC Context:
I do believe my experiences are slightly less traditional.
Majority of my clinical experience consists of two things : working in a house-turned-clinic to help provide care to undocumented and uninsured, where I served as a translator for the physicians and did patient intake. Very hands on. Working on a mobile clinic van that sets up throughout city to provide free vaccinations (similar community, lots of undocumented and uninsured). Direct patient contact in each, translating in each, etc.
Shadowing is in two sorta unique/competitive specialities: shadowing minimally invasive surgery, shadowing ENT facial reconstruction surgery. I was in OR for both, both are at notable Texas medical center institutions.
Non-medical Volunteering : Crisis text line (helping people with nobody else to turn to, often de-escalating suicidal situations), and
notably working in a jail - in the cell block, not at a desk - alongside social workers to help rehabilitate incarcerated military veterans..
Research: basically I was one of many students assisting in a longitudinal study on the psychological effects for youth who are a translator for their Spanish-speaking family. I did have a major role at a side project within the research working alongside students and helping them enjoy translating through games and friendly competition. But no publications and it’s not very fancy no long biological or chemical words lol.
Other things:
I started a (small) tallow soap business. Found a need in the market, sourced, figured out marketing, researched, etc.
I work as a tutor for middle + high school math and science. Independent. Grew it to 10+ diverse
I was secretary of a premed org in college.
A hobby of mine is I work on cars pretty extensively.
I worked 4000 hours or so at chickfila from 2020-2024. Promoted to trainer.
Received chickfila scholarship 4 times, each requiring separate application and nomination by managers.
Main questions:
Will I be okay and what are some OOS schools you'd recommend I apply to? I submitted primary to AMCAS but only selected Tulane (since I have family / a place to live in NOLA). Anything I should focus on in the secondaries?
MCAT: CP CARS BB PS —> 128,126,124,130. 508.
AMCAS GPA: 3.77 , sGPA 3.68
TMDSAS GPA: 3.81, sGPA 3.72
This is rough calculation but I’m sure it falls somewhere between those two. ^^
Graduated a semester early from UT Austin, Biology. Transferred there after a year at UH. Hispanic. Spanish-Speaking. Gap year
Experience Summary:
Clinical : 500, 400+ projected
Shadowing: 200
Research: 150
Non-clinical service: 350, 150+ projected
Employment / Leadership: 5000+
Entrepreneurship/ Other Meaningful Experience: 1000+
EC Context:
I do believe my experiences are slightly less traditional.
Majority of my clinical experience consists of two things : working in a house-turned-clinic to help provide care to undocumented and uninsured, where I served as a translator for the physicians and did patient intake. Very hands on. Working on a mobile clinic van that sets up throughout city to provide free vaccinations (similar community, lots of undocumented and uninsured). Direct patient contact in each, translating in each, etc.
Shadowing is in two sorta unique/competitive specialities: shadowing minimally invasive surgery, shadowing ENT facial reconstruction surgery. I was in OR for both, both are at notable Texas medical center institutions.
Non-medical Volunteering : Crisis text line (helping people with nobody else to turn to, often de-escalating suicidal situations), and
notably working in a jail - in the cell block, not at a desk - alongside social workers to help rehabilitate incarcerated military veterans..
Research: basically I was one of many students assisting in a longitudinal study on the psychological effects for youth who are a translator for their Spanish-speaking family. I did have a major role at a side project within the research working alongside students and helping them enjoy translating through games and friendly competition. But no publications and it’s not very fancy no long biological or chemical words lol.
Other things:
I started a (small) tallow soap business. Found a need in the market, sourced, figured out marketing, researched, etc.
I work as a tutor for middle + high school math and science. Independent. Grew it to 10+ diverse
I was secretary of a premed org in college.
A hobby of mine is I work on cars pretty extensively.
I worked 4000 hours or so at chickfila from 2020-2024. Promoted to trainer.
Received chickfila scholarship 4 times, each requiring separate application and nomination by managers.
Main questions:
Will I be okay and what are some OOS schools you'd recommend I apply to? I submitted primary to AMCAS but only selected Tulane (since I have family / a place to live in NOLA). Anything I should focus on in the secondaries?