WAMC/ School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegirl1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.45
DAT score: 21 AA (20 GC, 19 OC, 23 Bio, 22 QR, 22 RC, 19 PAT)
State of Residence: PA
Completing SMP starting this August

Major: Biology
Minor: Neuroscience, Chemistry
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No

Shadowing Experience: 200 General, 100 OMFS, was going to work as a dental assistant this summer and gain more shadowing but COVID
Volunteering Experience: 200+ Hours, Service Fraternity that volunteered all over the community, pre-health organization that volunteered in the community as well, TA'd for four classes
Employment: Worked as a dental assistant during one summer, math tutor for 3 years, Reserach assistant for last 2.5 years in neurobiology lab
Other Extracurriculars: Dean's list, Pre-Dental Club, Service Fraternity, Vice President of Pre-health Organization

Schools: Pitt, LECOM, Temple, Michigan, U-Penn (Stretch I know), Michigan, Tufts, VCU, NYU, OSU

Considering adding: BU, Uconn, Marquette, Buffalo, Stonybrook

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure you needed the SMP to be honest. You would have likely landed some interviews and acceptances if you just applied, unless you have some red flags not listed. I hope that the SMP is very, very cheap as dental school will likely not be.

Anyways, your school list looks good, solid mix of publics and privates as well as some reach schools. I would def add those schools that you are considering. You can also add Rutgers as well, they love master degree matriculants. Best of luck to you in your master's program and with your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure you needed the SMP to be honest. You would have likely landed some interviews and acceptances if you just applied, unless you have some red flags not listed. I hope that the SMP is very, very cheap as dental school will likely not be.

Anyways, your school list looks good, solid mix of publics and privates as well as some reach schools. I would def add those schools that you are considering. You can also add Rutgers as well, they love master degree matriculants. Best of luck to you in your master's program and with your application.
I the SMP has a strong linkage to its dental school, but it's not binding so I'm just trying to cover all my bases

Members don't see this ad :)
Good numbers. I recommend upping the number of schools you apply to at least 12. Use the adea guide/explorer to identify whether the schools on your list are indeed oos friendly to PA residents. And use this data to also determine which other schools you might add to your list.

I the SMP has a strong linkage to its dental school, but it's not binding so I'm just trying to cover all my bases
Yeah, just your stats and extracurriculars are right where they need to be for admission. The SMP is overkill, in my opinion, but if you can afford it financially then absolutely do it. If your GPAs were less than 3.3, then it could be more justified.

Your grades from the SMP wont be uploaded anyways til like mid December which is right around the new decision day due to covid. Therefore, it wont have a big factor in the admission decision for the first wave since they wont have any grades to go by.

typically, stony accepts mostly in state students. It’s worth a chance though!