WAMC School List - URM 519

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Senku

Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: 3.97 cGPA, 3.91 sGPA
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts. : 519 130/129/131/129
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): Ohio
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Black
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Ohio State
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 1100 hours patient care assistant
  7. Research experience and productivity: 1200 hours airway research - 2 mid-author manuscripts, 1 poster
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 50 hours IM
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 200 hours food bank, 100 Red Cross
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): 150 hours teaching elementary kids, 100 hours black student association (volunteering / cultural exchange events)
  11. Relevant honors or awards: diversity scholarship from the university
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: on gap year
Hi everyone, I'd like some help with my school list. Here is what I put together so far, I'm thinking around 30 schools:

1. Ohio State
2. Case Western
3. NEOMED
4. Wright State
5. Cincinnati
6. Toledo
7. Indiana
8. Wake Forest
9. Miami (Miller)
10. University of Michigan
11. University of Minnesota
12. George Washington
13. Einstein
14. Baylor
15. UCLA
16. Wisconson (Madison)
17. Thomas Jefferson
18. Mayo
19. Rush
20. Colorado
21. NC Chapel Hill
22. Rochester
23. Pittsburgh
24. University of Virginia
25. Dartmouth
26. University of Florida
27. Harvard
28. Northwestern
29. University of Maryland
30. Vanderbilt

Members don't see this ad.

U Florida and North Carolina admit few non residents with no connection to the state. Rush is looking for applicants with far more non clinical volunteering hours than you have. You could add these schools:
Brown
NYU (free tuition)
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
U Chicago

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to the forums.

Are you involved with any mentoring organizations for aspiring Black physicians, especially Black males if applicable? Have you talked with admissions officers and SNMA student officers at the schools on your list?

Reactions: 1 user
U Florida and North Carolina admit few non residents with no connection to the state. Rush is looking for applicants with far more non clinical volunteering hours than you have. You could add these schools:
Brown
NYU (free tuition)
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
U Chicago
I see, thank you!

Welcome to the forums.

Are you involved with any mentoring organizations for aspiring Black physicians, especially Black males if applicable? Have you talked with admissions officers and SNMA student officers at the schools on your list?
Thank you. I am not involved with any mentoring organizations or contacted anyone from SNMA.