WAMC/School list? :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureDr123

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, long time lurker. I just got my MCAT score back and need help setting up a list of possible schools to apply to. I know my stats are not good enough for MD, but I do have the fee waiver so I will be applying to all Florida schools (my state) and some of the Puerto Rican schools (Cuban who speaks fluent Spanish) as a hail mary. Currently, in a DO masters with strong linkage and doing very well thus far (approx 80% of students have gotten into the respective medical school each year.)

Undergrad Cum GPA: 3.50 (U shaped trend)
Post Bac GPA (28 credits Upper-level Sciences): 4.00
Total Science GPA: 3.44
MCAT: 499; retake: 513 (127, 126, 130, 130)
Strong LOR's
Very weak EC's. - 7 months mentor/tutor at GMSC (50 hours)
- 4 months tutoring math at old high school (30 hours)
- 6 months volunteering for S.A.V.E an LGBT advocacy group (40 hours). I am LGBT (but will prob not mention it in application)
- Have 32 hours of primary care shadowing lined up for mid-August.
Will prob submit app after I shadow.

Did work full time, sometimes two jobs throughout undergrad.
- Multiple leadership positions at different jobs
- Last job - Chief Scribe for approximately 5000+ hours

I would be ecstatic and honored to attend any MD/DO school. Thank you!
 
In addition to your 8 Florida MD schools I suggest these OOS schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
You should submit this week and complete all your secondaries by late August. You are competitive for MD schools but an early application is important.
I suggest these DO schools
LECOM (all schools)
VCOM (all 3 schools)
BCOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
MU-COM
CCOM
DMU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
 
In addition to your 8 Florida MD schools I suggest these OOS schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
You should submit this week and complete all your secondaries by late August. You are competitive for MD schools but an early application is important.
I suggest these DO schools
LECOM (all schools)
VCOM (all 3 schools)
BCOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
MU-COM
CCOM
DMU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
Thank you Faha, I will follow your recommendations to the end of time!