WAMC- school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OlebBoy213

Reaction score
cGPA: 3.77
sGPA: ~3.69
DAT: 23 AA, 24 TS, 21 PAT
State of Residence: IN
Nontraditional: Yes
Shadowing experience: ~130 hours
Red Flags: C+ in a non-science class and a C in a lab.
School list: (need suggestions)
Indiana
Midwestern AZ
UIC
Columbia
Tufts or BU (which is better?)
UNC
Penn
UCONN
UF

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date of submission: 7/21/2023

cGPA: 3.77

sGPA: ~3.69

DAT: 23 AA, 24 TS, 21 PAT

State of Residence: IN

Major: Sociology

URM: Yes (African descent)

Reapplicant: No

Nontraditional: Yes

Shadowing experience: ~130 hours

Volunteering experience: ~450-500 hours

Employment: Over 4000 hours. I had to work throughout college. Currently work as a Dental Assistant

Research: Not sure if this counts-- I was part of a public health behavioral study

Personal Statement: Strong

Extracurricular: I was a a tutor for biology and organic chemistry. I also worked on campus , I was involved in Greek life and many organizations on campus.

Awards/Honors: Multiple scholarships in undergrad, Held a few leadership positions, Dean’s Scholar 3 semesters and Deans for 5 semesters.

LORs: I chose professors I was pretty close with. I'm waiting on one more from my dentist. (I was told I could submit without)

Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Received a C+ in a non-science class and a C in a lab. Both were during covid semesters and I'm considering retaking the lab during my gap year if I really need to. My Grades show a strong upward trend. My first 2 semesters were decent (>3.7), but I dipped below a 3.5 during the two covid semesters, and my last 4 semesters I've had all A's.

School list:

Already submitted
(schools with high chance)
LECOM
Georgia
ULSD
Indiana
Kentucky
Howard
Midwestern AZ
Columbia

Considering adding some of these soon (reach schools, I need opinions)
Tufts or BU
UNC
Penn
Harvard
UCONN
UFlorida
TX Schools??
1 you are not late
B tufts and BU are not reaches...

Members don't see this ad :)
have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any d school?
I attended a dental bootcamp at one of the schools on my list, and I've been to some open house events at a few

Reactions: 1 user