MD WAMC & Schools to Apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellie93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am applying this year and I know I have about a 50% chance of getting into med school. I do want to share my list of schools and get some feedback. I'd like to cut out 7 schools...but I'm afraid I'm cutting out schools I could potentially get into and it's worrying me.

Stats/Info:
Middle-eastern (White)
Graduated from UVA
Major: Business
cGPA: 3.62, sGPA: 3.55
MCAT: 1st attempt 27 (9/8/10), 2nd attempt 30 (12/8/10)
Virginia Residency
Clinical Shadowing: 25 hours Pediatrics, 12 hours GI, 50 Hours Plastic
Clinical Volunteering: 50 hours UVA hospital, 50 hours Free Clinic, 100 hours hospital in foreign country
Nonclinical Volunteering/experience: Mentorship program, Leadership experience in Club

School List:

Reach:
Tufts
UVA
UCSD
BU
USC (Southern California)
UCLA
Wake Forest
(I know a lot of CA schools but parents are insistent on applying.)

Hopeful:
Rosalind Franklin
VCU
EVMS
Rush
Colorado
VT
USF
UM
Drexel
NYMC
GWU
Tulane
St. Louis University
Penn State
Georgetown
Cooper Rowan
Temple
Albany
TCMC
Oakland

Competitive:
University of Missouri-Kansas
Marshall University
UWB
USC-Greenville
Quinnipiac

Let me know what you think...what to cut out, what to add. And any other general thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

The CA schools are not even a long shot. Tell your parents to have a big night on the town instead.
And tell them that writing the secondaries would seriously take an unnecessary toll!

UMKC's OOS matriculants are members of their special programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
You could delete the many of the state public schools where you are not a resident-USC-Greenville, Colorado, Missouri-Kansas, Cooper and also all the CA schools.
You could add:
Western Michigan
Jefferson
Creighton