futuredochehe
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I want to apply the 2026-2027 cycle, but was wondering if my GPA was too low to be seen as a valid applicant.
GPA: c 3.55 s 3.42 (strong upward trend, my last 3 semesters were all 4.0 upper level science classes)
Major: Neuroscience, Health and Psychology double minor with a research designation
MCAT: planning on taking in May, current FL scores are around 516
ECs:
Research- 2000+ hours across clinical and psychology labs. I completed an independent individual thesis project which is in the works of being published, 3 posters. Have been researching for 8 semesters.
Shadowing: 120 hours (family medicine, oncology, orthopedics)
Clinical: 200 hours volunteering, 700 hours paid scribe
Leadership: Executive board of 3 clubs, Biology teaching assistant for 1 year
Nonclinical volunteering: have consistently worked with an organization to help children with disabilities for 4 years and am on the national team.
Hobbies: Henna artist/face painting for various community events
I think my ECs are good but am worried about my GPA. While I am taking a gap year, I want to ideally apply end of senior year which means schools wouldn't see my grades if I did a postbacc.
GPA: c 3.55 s 3.42 (strong upward trend, my last 3 semesters were all 4.0 upper level science classes)
Major: Neuroscience, Health and Psychology double minor with a research designation
MCAT: planning on taking in May, current FL scores are around 516
ECs:
Research- 2000+ hours across clinical and psychology labs. I completed an independent individual thesis project which is in the works of being published, 3 posters. Have been researching for 8 semesters.
Shadowing: 120 hours (family medicine, oncology, orthopedics)
Clinical: 200 hours volunteering, 700 hours paid scribe
Leadership: Executive board of 3 clubs, Biology teaching assistant for 1 year
Nonclinical volunteering: have consistently worked with an organization to help children with disabilities for 4 years and am on the national team.
Hobbies: Henna artist/face painting for various community events
I think my ECs are good but am worried about my GPA. While I am taking a gap year, I want to ideally apply end of senior year which means schools wouldn't see my grades if I did a postbacc.
Last edited: