WAMC URM 3.1 CUM, 3.0 Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LonelykingT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. Gpa and science gpa :3.1 cgpa, 3.0sGPA , 3.5 Masters
  2. Mcat:Tested 8/25 510 average last FL was a 517 (128/130/129/130). 504/507/514/517 trend
  3. State: Florida Resident
  4. Race: African American
  5. Undergrad:FAMU Undergrad, Meharry Grad
  6. Clinical experience: pharmacy technician + respiratory therapist+ Covid Swabber
  7. Research: no research
  8. Shadowing:Shadowed general cardiology, ER, Anesthesia, Cardiothoracic surgery, general surgery, internal medicine, pulmonology, sleep medicine, OB and was able to shadow at a HIV Clinic estimated (50-60 hours)
  9. Non-clinical volunteer: Often engage in feeding the homeless with my church, i volunteered during Covid to do swabbing, registration, passing out flyers and going to various business in the city spreading words of my university Covid testing site. Helped with voting on campus which included setting up tables and booths. Also was a math tutor
  10. Extracurriclular activity:Chess, Biking, Cooking, I have a group that a buddy and I created that teach people how to start investing close to 1000 people in discord.
  11. Leadership : Was pharmacy president, president of my respiratory therapy program and chair of one of the committees
  12. Honors: Masters - dean list. Undergrad- best overall undergraduate award. Deans list- undergrad
  13. Extra information: when I started college I got news my mother had cancer and little chance to survive. Multiple surgeries and IT didn’t leave me in a good place. She’s my only parent so the thought of being far away + not being able to be there when she could be dying was awful my gpa was a 2.3 and 2.5 my freshman and sophomore year. She was discharged and luckily beat cancer but had to work on recovery junior and senior gpa was 3.9 and 3.7 with a 8 and 9 class course load + clinicals at hospital (2) 12 hour shifts a week

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Let us know when your MCAT comes in. Start with your in-state and HBCU schools.
Okay thank you so with Florida realistically and depending on my mcat I should apply to
MD wise
FSU
NOVA
UM
USF
Fau
Fiu
Ucf

DO wise
Lecom bradenton
Nova DO

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re kind of late in the cycle. Could hurt your chances.

Why not wait until next cycle and apply once with the best possible application? Wouldn’t hurt to have more clinical experience where you are working with physicians in an inpatient or outpatient setting. Also expand your non clinical volunteering.

Reactions: 1 users
You’re kind of late in the cycle. Could hurt your chances.
I’ve been hearing conflicting advice I’ve been told it’s not late for DO or Florida schools which start reviewing kinda late. I know meharry starts late aswell and morehouse too

Why not wait until next cycle and apply once with the best possible application? Wouldn’t hurt to have more clinical experience where you are working with physicians in an inpatient or outpatient setting. Also expand your non clinical volunteering.
My application wouldn’t change any whether I applied now or later. I have two years experience as a respiratory therapist and 1 as a pharmacy tech.

I’ve had two adcoms tell me august -September isn’t late to submit but Reddit and sdn seem to think otherwise so I’m conflicted

I’ve been hearing conflicting advice I’ve been told it’s not late for DO or Florida schools which start reviewing kinda late. I know meharry starts late aswell and morehouse too
Hey @LonelykingT good luck this year & I hope for an improved MCAT score to help you along. Your performance in the SMP will certainly help as well.
Did you already submit AMCAS & just waiting on your new MCAT score now?

Hey @LonelykingT good luck this year & I hope for an improved MCAT score to help you along. Your performance in the SMP will certainly help as well.
Did you already submit AMCAS & just waiting on your new MCAT score now?
Thank !!I have my application completely ready just working on secondaries now we’ll prewriting them . Also Iong time no see! This is where I’m also getting conflicting advice on. I’ve been told to submit now and indicate I have a pending mcat and I have two adcoms from a DO and Florida MD telling me to wait till I get my mcat score so when admission committees see my application they will view all my info at once and I won’t get thrown in a pending bin where it may not get relooked at.

Thank !!I have my application completely ready just working on secondaries now we’ll prewriting them . Also Iong time no see! This is where I’m also getting conflicting advice on. I’ve been told to submit now and indicate I have a pending mcat and I have two adcoms from a DO and Florida MD telling me to wait till I get my mcat score so when admission committees see my application they will view all my info at once and I won’t get thrown in a pending bin where it may not get relooked at.
Your latest MCAT was 517 and was your 4th attempt? You’re waiting in number 5?

Your latest MCAT was 517 and was your 4th attempt? You’re waiting in number 5?
No my last mcat was a 497. I stated my FL trends for this cycle . This is my second time testing

Keep in mind AMCAS takes about a month to verify your application & send it out to schools. If you submit by next week for instance, your new score will probably be included by the time your new AMCAS app goes out to schools.
It would be very important too to put the date of the exam you just took - it's not a "future" MCAT anymore but putting the date on your AMCAS primary will let schools know to look for that score.

Keep in mind AMCAS takes about a month to verify your application & send it out to schools. If you submit by next week for instance, your new score will probably be included by the time your new AMCAS app goes out to schools.
It would be very important too to put the date of the exam you just took - it's not a "future" MCAT anymore but putting the date on your AMCAS primary will let schools know to look for that score.
Okay I’ll submit my amcas and aacomas application today then. I had everything proof read and ready for a few weeks now. Thank you for that clarity

Okay I’ll submit my amcas and aacomas application today then. I had everything proof read and ready for a few weeks now. Thank you for that clarity
Be ready for lots of AACOMAS secondaries because they don't take long at all to verify your app (usually a few days)

Be ready for lots of AACOMAS secondaries because they don't take long at all to verify your app (usually a few days)
Should I wait till about the week of my mcat score release to submit aacomas then?