WAMC URM - DO focused (3.42 cgpa, 499 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

impostersyn04

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am mainly focusing on DO schools! I know I am definitely not competitive enough for MD and it is too late in the cycle anyway. I also would prefer to stay in Florida to stay close to family but I am open to anything of course. NSU-clearwater campus is closest to me but I am not sure if I would be screened out with my 499 or my mid gpa. Thank you!
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS : 3.4 cgpa
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts. : 493 first attempt (124, 121, 124, 124), 499 second attempt (122, 127, 123, 127)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US) : Florida
  4. Ethnicity and/or race : hispanic URM
  5. Undergraduate institution or category - public state school
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer) : around 12K hours of paid scribing
  7. Research experience and productivity - no research
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented - around 150 hours total, Specialties represented: CVICU, PCP, Breast Oncology
  9. Non-clinical volunteering - Relay for Life - around 200 hours, Kids in Need Foundation - around 150 hours, several other sorority philanthropic volunteering - around 100 hours
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc) : 2 different leadership positions through undergrad (one in sorority, one in pre-med club), 2 gap years while working full-time
  11. Relevant honors or awards - deans list , university scholarships
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important - considering retaking January MCAT but not sure if its worth it since most schools wont accept it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suggest these schools with your stats:
NOVA
LECOM (all schools)
BCOM (both schools)
OCOM
LMU-DCOM (all schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
VCOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
UIWSOM
TUNCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
NYIT-AR