WAMC- Waitlist LMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tulipkit

Reaction score
I unfortunately got waitlisted today at LMU what are the odds that I get off the waitlist? Will they still accept people from general pool now that they have a waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What are your stats? That could help many of us get an idea of where you are. From what I’ve heard from classmates, the waitlist can move a lot for the most part. Many students will decline their seat if they find out they got into their IS school, which frees up a spot for those on the waitlist. You can hear back about getting off the waitlist all the way up until classes start the first week of August so I would just prepare yourself for that and reapplying. There was an underclassman (I can’t remember which cohort) that got off the waitlist 3 days after school started. My recommendation is start your new application, go to the application review if you can, find ways to make your application stand out even more, and trust the process. It’s a long journey, but it’s your own and staying focused and as positive as you can!

What are your stats? That could help many of us get an idea of where you are. From what I’ve heard from classmates, the waitlist can move a lot for the most part. Many students will decline their seat if they find out they got into their IS school, which frees up a spot for those on the waitlist. You can hear back about getting off the waitlist all the way up until classes start the first week of August so I would just prepare yourself for that and reapplying. There was an underclassman (I can’t remember which cohort) that got off the waitlist 3 days after school started. My recommendation is start your new application, go to the application review if you can, find ways to make your application stand out even more, and trust the process. It’s a long journey, but it’s your own and staying focused and as positive as you can!

So I’m a 1st year applicant for 2028 and my stats are as follows:

3.7 GPA Overall
3.5 Science GPA
3,000+ hrs Small Animal Experience working as a vet assistant
200hrs Equine Experience as an Assistant
120hrs Exotic Experience as a Keeper
200hrs as a Research Assistant
Extracurricular Activities included:
Captain Collegiate Cheer 2x
Sorority Secretary
National Bonner Leader
Honors Program
Advocacy work with people with Intellectual & Development Disabilities

So I’m a 1st year applicant for 2028 and my stats are as follows:

3.7 GPA Overall
3.5 Science GPA
3,000+ hrs Small Animal Experience working as a vet assistant
200hrs Equine Experience as an Assistant
120hrs Exotic Experience as a Keeper
200hrs as a Research Assistant
Extracurricular Activities included:
Captain Collegiate Cheer 2x
Sorority Secretary
National Bonner Leader
Honors Program
Advocacy work with people with Intellectual & Development Disabilities
based on this and all I've seen on the various forum for stats for LMU, i'd say you have a pretty good chance! how did your interviews go? perhaps you can do a file review to see where you might improve your application for next cycle.