WAMC/Which DO schools should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaha14310

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. GPA: My sGPA is 3.57 and my cGPA is 3.69 (With Grade Replacement)
  2. MCAT: 501
  3. Residence: I am a TX resident
  4. Ethnicity: I am an URM (Half-Peruvian)
  5. Undergrad School: I went to an undergraduate school in Illinois
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): I have about 75 hours volunteering at my local hospital.
  7. I am involved with two psychology research labs and am going to write a Bachelor's thesis about maternal depression that will be published as a section in the professor's paper.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: I have about 20 hours shadowing a psychiatrist.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: I have not done much with regards to non-clinical volunteering.
  10. Other extracurricular activities: I plan on working as a scribe this summer as well as retaking two classes in order to replace those grades and boost my sGPA to a 3.6. Also, I tutored a girl with Aspergers. I am just wondering which DO schools I should apply to and if I have a legitimate shot at any acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are competitive for some DO schools but you need more shadowing and clinical volunteering hours. Apply to at least 15 schools and include these schools:
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
LUCOM
any new schools that open in 2017 (probably in Texas, Utah and Arkansas).

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I just wanted to give an update about my application cycle for anyone who has similar stats.

Interviews: ACOM, BCOM, RVU-UT, UIW (Attended), KCU, and NYIT-AR (Attended)
Accepted: UIW, NYIT-AR

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptances. I wish more people with borderline stats would post updates like this.

Hello! I just wanted to give an update about my application cycle for anyone who has similar stats.

Interviews: ACOM, BCOM, RVU-UT, UIW (Attended), KCU, and NYIT-AR (Attended)
Accepted: UIW, NYIT-AR
I'm curious, why did you decide not to attend the ACOM, BCOM, RVU-UT interviews? Or have you just not attended them yet? Also congrats on your acceptance to all those you interviewed.

I have a similar GPA but have not taken the MCAT yet so this gives me hope. It's amazing how much two class retakes can hurt you for AMCAS, my AMCAS is about 3.52 and AACOMAS is around a 3.7.

I'm curious, why did you decide not to attend the ACOM, BCOM, RVU-UT interviews? Or have you just not attended them yet? Also congrats on your acceptance to all those you interviewed.

I have a similar GPA but have not taken the MCAT yet so this gives me hope. It's amazing how much two class retakes can hurt you for AMCAS, my AMCAS is about 3.52 and AACOMAS is around a 3.7.
I just have not attended those other interviews but I have them scheduled. I went on a BCOM interview this Friday. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
Add LECOM to the list, and TCOM.

You are competitive for some DO schools but you need more shadowing and clinical volunteering hours. Apply to at least 15 schools and include these schools:
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
LUCOM
any new schools that open in 2017 (probably in Texas, Utah and Arkansas).

I just wanted to provide a final update to my post. I withdrew my application from ACOM and RVU-UT.

Accepted: UIW, NYIT-AR, KCU-Joplin, and BCOM.

Thanks for your help everybody!