WAMC with 3.87 GPA, 506 MCAT, URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredocn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Frankly, don't use that biology letter.
Without a MCAT score it is hard to make any prediction.
Depending on how many med school applicants your school produces each year and how familiar your target med schools are with your undergrad school, you might be hurt by the lack of a committee letter.

A case study is not really "research" as it is not generalizable.

After we see an MCAT score, we might be able to say whether you have a shot this year or if you'll be looking are reapplying down the road and might as well sit out this cycle and do things better a year from now (committee letter, better than mediocre biology letter, etc)

Frankly, don't use that biology letter.
Without a MCAT score it is hard to make any prediction.
Depending on how many med school applicants your school produces each year and how familiar your target med schools are with your undergrad school, you might be hurt by the lack of a committee letter.

A case study is not really "research" as it is not generalizable.

After we see an MCAT score, we might be able to say whether you have a shot this year or if you'll be looking are reapplying down the road and might as well sit out this cycle and do things better a year from now (committee letter, better than mediocre biology letter, etc)
Oh no so sorry about not being clear with the timeline! That is my actual score (506). It was just at the beginning of last month I took my MCAT, and the committee deadline was mid April. I can't take that route anymore. Plus, my school is very unknown by many medical schools.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@Faha , @LizzyM any advice would be so appreciated
@Faha , @LizzyM any advice would be so appreciated
Apply to all your Texas MD schools and you should receive several interviews. You could try these AMCAS schools also:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
TCU-UNT
Tulane
Miami
Emory
Georgetown
George Washington
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Einstein
Seton Hall
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Loyola
St. Louis
Kaiser

Apply to all your Texas MD schools and you should receive several interviews. You could try these AMCAS schools also:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
TCU-UNT
Tulane
Miami
Emory
Georgetown
George Washington
Jefferson
Pittsburgh