WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring.dds

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all- my application was recently marked complete after taking my DAT in mid-Sept. Any feedback appreciated - trying to figure what I can expect from the coming year.

Date of submission: End of July for 3 schools, mid-September for the rest
Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
22AA. 30 BIO. 20 GC. 21 OC. 19 PAT. 18 QR. 23 RC. 22TS. (First attempt)

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 110 Hours, +60 this semester
Volunteering Experience: 200+ Volunteer Hours, mainly hospital but at many various organizations
Employment: Server, 100-200 hours. Pre-health mentor, 50-60 Hours.
Research: 3 Credit Hours of Research, microbiology laboratory. Independent Research Project.
Other Extracurriculars: Pre-Dental Club President, Vice President. Various leadership positions in residence hall. Leadership conference chair.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans List, Honors Society.
LOR type and strength: Committee Letter + 3 External Letters (2 dentists, 1 research mentor)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
C+ in Gen Chem 2, W in Orgo I (retook with B+ due to medical reasons)

School list:

Michigan
Marquette
Creighton
SIU
Minnesota
UIC
Midwestern-IL
Indiana
Iowa
Kentucky
Louisville
UMKC

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all- my application was recently marked complete after taking my DAT in mid-Sept. Any feedback appreciated - trying to figure what I can expect from the coming year.

Date of submission: End of July for 3 schools, mid-September for the rest
Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.52
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.43
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 22AA. 30 BIO. 20 GC. 21 OC. 19 PAT. 18 QR. 23 RC. 22TS. (First attempt)

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 110 Hours, +60 this semester
Volunteering Experience: 200+ Volunteer Hours, mainly hospital but at many various organizations
Employment: Server, 100-200 hours. Pre-health mentor, 50-60 Hours.
Research: 3 Credit Hours of Research, microbiology laboratory. Independent Research Project.
Other Extracurriculars: Pre-Dental Club President, Vice President. Various leadership positions in residence hall. Leadership conference chair.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans List, Honors Society.
LOR type and strength: Committee Letter + 3 External Letters (2 dentists, 1 research mentor)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: C+ in Gen Chem 2, W in Orgo I (retook with B+ due to medical reasons)

School list:
Michigan
Marquette
Creighton
SIU
Minnesota
UIC
Midwestern-IL
Indiana
Iowa
Kentucky
Louisville
UMKC
you'll likely get a few interviews, but don't be disappointed if some or most of them are post-december

Reactions: 1 users
you'll likely get a few interviews, but don't be disappointed if some or most of them are post-december
you have a great DAT score, GPAs are just below average matriculant
the issue is that your school list is 2/3 publics, and you applications will mostly be complete the beginning of october

what is your state of residence, and have you interacted with any of the schools on your list?

Members don't see this ad :)
you have a great DAT score, GPAs are just below average matriculant
the issue is that your school list is 2/3 publics, and you applications will mostly be complete the beginning of october

what is your state of residence, and have you interacted with any of the schools on your list?
Thanks for the feedback it really helps me out. My applications have been marked as complete starting about 9/30 (Just waiting on 2 schools for my status to be switched to under review). I have been in contact with most of the schools since before taking my DAT, I sent a lot of them my unofficial DATs beforehand and let them know what I was doing this semester (classes - all medical science, and the extra shadowing hours). My state of residence is IL (thus applied to all 3 IL schools)

Thanks for the feedback it really helps me out. My applications have been marked as complete starting about 9/30 (Just waiting on 2 schools for my status to be switched to under review). I have been in contact with most of the schools since before taking my DAT, I sent a lot of them my unofficial DATs beforehand and let them know what I was doing this semester (classes - all medical science, and the extra shadowing hours). My state of residence is IL (thus applied to all 3 IL schools)
have you attended any events/volunteered/shadowed at the d schools? met with faculty/staff/students?

have you attended any events/volunteered/shadowed at the d schools? met with faculty/staff/students?
I have met with students at one school, I had a connection via a dentist I shadowed who took me on a tour. However it was in the evening and we didn't get to meet many faculty members, mainly students. I haven't had the opportunity for much else unfortunately so not incredibly tied in connections-wise

I have met with students at one school, I had a connection via a dentist I shadowed who took me on a tour. However it was in the evening and we didn't get to meet many faculty members, mainly students. I haven't had the opportunity for much else unfortunately so not incredibly tied in connections-wise
well, it sounds like you've done all you can
trust the process...

Reactions: 1 users