Wanna hear something wild????????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBob

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was at our monthly provider meeting for the outpatient clinics for our hospital employer yesterday morning when it was reported to us that our competitor hospital (a big "take over everyone, run everyone else off and monopolize the world" organization, which is located in a famous golf town near here, you figure it out) has taken up a policy with mid levels in thier clinics that they are required now to "rent their space" to the tune of 1500$ per month and give 3% of their incentive bonus to the doc who signs their charts.

"YOU ARE SH*TING ME!!!!!!" was my very unprofessional comment. Everyones jaws hit the floor. Administration said they had heard that too.

What the hell are these people thinking?????????
I am still in shock of such an idea and can only think that they are trying to run the midlevels off. I am still tryin to confirm this, but thought is was so facinating and unbeleivable that I would share it for your Memorial Day weekend.

Place is famous for thinking they are in Heaven anyway and they are all disciples answering only to You-Know-Who. Amazing...................(LOL)

Members don't see this ad.

After a phone call to a previous employee there, it is confirmed and they are also doing it to the Docs AND they (the providers)have to pay the ancillary staff in the clinic. Everyone is jumping ship.......................Can you imagine? Anyone else EVER heard of such a shyster thing?