Wanted: A nursing caretaker

Started by TravelBud
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TravelBud

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be having a big surgery in Washington D.C. early December. Since I'll travel long distance by myself to D.C. for surgery, I need someone to take me to and out of hospital after I stay at the hospital for 2 nights. I may also need someone to check on me perhaps 2 to 3 hours/day for few days after surgery. After that I should be ok on my own.

I wonder where I can hire a temp nurse aid to help me. Actually, the person doesn't really need to be a CNA. S/he can just be a recent or soon to be graduate nursing student and a responsible professional. Obviously, I'll pay according to the local market hourly rate.

I'd appreciate any help/suggestion/recommendation/advice you may have. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks a lot.