wants my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

illmatic925

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a 3.1 in my overall gpa and preqs...whats my chances of getting in to school and what else might i want to do to further my chances of getting in to a PA progame..Please respond thank you

Members don't see this ad.

illmatic925 said:
i have a 3.1 in my overall gpa and preqs...whats my chances of getting in to school and what else might i want to do to further my chances of getting in to a PA progame..Please respond thank you

Those grades are not the most competitive in the applicant pool for any school. That doesn't mean you CAN'T get in, it will just be tough. How are your science grades? What kind of medical experience do you have? IMHO, with those grades, you MUST have some great medical experience. ER Tech, EMT, paramedic, nurse, RT, whatever.
Good Luck,
Pat

illmatic925 said:

Your GPA of 3.1 isn't really bad, but it isn't really great either. If you have any Cs, Ds, or Fs in any pre-requisite course you should retake those courses and Ace them. Strong patient care experience will be helpful (If you have no patient care experience EMT certification is a really good start), shadowing a PA will be helpful, and strong letters of recommendation preferably from atleast one PA will help you. Knowing what a PA does and their unique place in healthcare if and when you are interviewed will really help you out.

...yea i know my grade aren't good enough. i was wondering if i was just going to waste my time applying. im a kinesiology major but i finish all my preq for this field. my problem is i get all B's in every class so schools wont let me retake them. thanks for the advice guys.