Warning about MCPHS.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SUAON

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to say to all applicants who are considering applying to MCPHS to reconsider. If you have another option at a more established school I would take the opportunity.

I am a former student who was dismissed by the school because I failed a course by a VERY slim margin which I take full responsibility for. Firstly, no remediation was given. I didn't have the opportunity to talk to my professor before I was sent a dismissal letter in the mail a week before the new semester started. They wanted me to wait a year and take the class over again.

I am not a disgruntled student. But, I believe I was treated unfairly. I wanted to get a lawyer. But every lawyer said the student handbook reigns above all. Basically, the school makes its own rules and the rules for dismissal are left up to interpretation. But I'm sure a class action lawsuit can be assembled.

The class that I belonged to at MCPHS started with 70 students and only 40 or so remain.

The school hasn't figured out what works or what doesn't. They've had 5 different deans in 7 years. All classes are mandatory and not recorded. The school is unfairly difficult because it has NOT been fully accredited and the recent board pass rate has been very low (below 50%).

The most recent semester 10 students failed out. This is unheard of anywhere else. These crooks took my money and wasted my time. This school runs itself like a business not a learning community who wants their students to prosper. The school wants to save itself from not being accredited.

Also, Worcester might be the worst city to go school in. The walk to school become more and more depressing as I questioned my decision to go to MCPHS. The school, professors and the city lack personality. Reach out to students who graduated. They despise the place.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. You have been warned.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users