Warning about Tulane and Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Code Brown

Low man on the totem pole
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This message is going out as a heads up about these two schools.

Tulane
I called there this morning to see what the status of my application was, and was told that my file was withdrawn because I missed my interview last week. Suffice it to say, my first reaction was "WTF, what interview?" (not over the phone of course). Apparently, they sent a letter out on AUGUST 18TH with an invite for an early october interview. Do I blame them or the USPS? Luckily, I was able to get another one scheduled but not until January. This sucks as they are on a rolling admission basis. Apparently, they don't follow up with you in any way, so I would recommend giving them a call to make sure something like this doesn't happen to you if you've been hanging out for a while with no word from them. The lady there was very nice.

Wake Forest
I called there yesterday, and was told that I was in the "High Priority Pool". Apparently, if you are in this pool, you will get an interview. However, there is no real ranking in this pool, so you could get this interview anytime from October to March, it just depends on when they get around to inviting you in. However, if you call there, they will set it up for you right over the phone. Since they are on the rolling admission system, this could make a huge difference. Give them a call to see where you stack up.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

This is all part of the game...very good words of advice, no reason to be shy in this process. No harm in letting them know you want it.

looks like i'll be making some phone calls tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
I have this huge fear that an interview invite from my #1 school will get lost in the mail. I guess I will call them at some point to check, but it is annoying. Most likely they will say I am on hold or under review or something, and then I will wait another month and start getting worried again...it seems like this huge neurotic cycle. I wish the schools would send invites by email. Or have online status checks that were worthwhile.

I did call Wake this week and found out about my interview that way. I guess it's as good a system as any, at least they know the people calling and asking really want to come interview there.

Glad everything worked out for you Code Brown. :)

For those who got interviews at WF, what was your GPA/mcat and UG?

Not to hijack this thread, but i thought this question might fit in here. For those of us who took the August MCAT and the schools we've applied to are waiting for it, how long do you think we should wait before following up with phone calls to the school (assuming we hear nothing from them)? 3-4 weeks?

Code Brown said:
Wake Forest
I called there yesterday, and was told that I was in the "High Priority Pool". Apparently, if you are in this pool, you will get an interview. However, there is no real ranking in this pool, so you could get this interview anytime from October to March, it just depends on when they get around to inviting you in. However, if you call there, they will set it up for you right over the phone. Since they are on the rolling admission system, this could make a huge difference. Give them a call to see where you stack up.

I received an e-mail from Wake 2 days ago saying that I was complete. I wasn't sure how much time I should give them before calling to check on my status, so I decided to call and ask.

Me: I got an e-mail saying that I was complete on Wednesday. How long will it be before I can find out my status?

Wake: I'll check for you right now...you are in the top interview pool, so you can schedule an interview.

Me: Great! Can I do it now?

Wake: Let me get the book.

Woohoo! :thumbup:

great job Code-Brown!

thanks to you , i have an interview at wake!

i just called after reading this thread to see how i was doing and she just told me i have an interview...

pretty cool in a way...but why can't they be more prompt about telling people they have interviews..

are there any other schools that are like this??

Does wake not send out post-sec rejections until the end of the season? It seems like everyone ends up in some sort of interview pool. I called today and was told that I wasn't in the pool they're interviewing from. Does anyone know how many "pools" there are?

premed7 said:
Does wake not send out post-sec rejections until the end of the season? It seems like everyone ends up in some sort of interview pool. I called today and was told that I wasn't in the pool they're interviewing from. Does anyone know how many "pools" there are?

I'm in the same boat as premed7. So where do we stand?? Is "not being in the interview pool" a polite way to say rejection?

Bedpan Commando said:
Not to hijack this thread, but i thought this question might fit in here. For those of us who took the August MCAT and the schools we've applied to are waiting for it, how long do you think we should wait before following up with phone calls to the school (assuming we hear nothing from them)? 3-4 weeks?

Hi Bedpan, I'm in the same boat. I just called them and they said they are going to be downloading the scores on Monday and that I should give it 2 to 3 weeks after to check on status.

MsEvolution said:
Hi Bedpan, I'm in the same boat. I just called them and they said they are going to be downloading the scores on Monday and that I should give it 2 to 3 weeks after to check on status.

Awesome, thanks so much for the information :)

I called WFU today to check on my status and was told that I was in their high priority interview pool or whatever they call it. I wonder if they were ever going to call me to schedule an interview?! Anyways, I highly recommend giving them a call.

yancantcook said:
great job Code-Brown!

thanks to you , i have an interview at wake!

i just called after reading this thread to see how i was doing and she just told me i have an interview...

pretty cool in a way...but why can't they be more prompt about telling people they have interviews..

are there any other schools that are like this??

That's great to hear!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Glad to have helped. Good luck at the interview!

I just called them, and they told me that I'm in the second interview tier :(
The secretary was very nice though, and highly suggested writing a letter of interest to stimulate getting into the high priority tier. Hope that helps anyone still waiting like me

It's a beautiful day!!!!

To answer a previous post:

I called wake forest and was also told that I was in the top interview pool; I also asked the lady if they email/call students for an interview, and they said no, it's up to the applicants to call and ask.

Seems a bit unfair since one can never know when the interview was granted, but I suppose it's their way of weeding people out :rolleyes: