Was I too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clammyclam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to get your opinions about my application... I had some trouble with my LORs and they weren't sent in & verified until 10/3 and I didn't get application completion emails until a couple of days following that (I had already submitted everything else way in advance so I was just waiting on those LORs). Am I doomed? :( I am so worried that my application was submitted too late and that I won't even get offered interviews at this point. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

All my stats are average: 3.5 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 21 AA with 600+ hours as a dental assistant.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IMO, you still have a good shot for post-dec interviews, just not pre-dec since the app was completed late.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat as you are except it was the taking and posting of DAT scores instead of LOR's. Good Luck! I hope you keep us informed if/when you get some interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the same situation, but I remained in contact with the schools I applied to and once my letters were submitted it only took about a week for interviews to roll in and that was at the end of September. So, maybe the same will happen for you.

It could be that the submission of the LOR was late, but have hope. Your stats are good, so I'm sure you'll have invites post-December.

Hey I got an interview to a school before Dec and I submitted my application on the 30th of September.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you everyone!!! This seriously made me feel so much better. I will def keep everyone updated when I start to hear back from schools.

Fingers crossed for the light at the end of the tunnel :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same boat as you are except it was the taking and posting of DAT scores instead of LOR's. Good Luck! I hope you keep us informed if/when you get some interviews!

Please keep me updated too! I would love to know how you're doing :) Best of luck~~

Thank you everyone!!! This seriously made me feel so much better. I will def keep everyone updated when I start to hear back from schools.

Fingers crossed for the light at the end of the tunnel :rolleyes:

I remember having crappy anxiety when I first applied. You got this, bud.